Info on Reverse Dappling on The Equine Tapestry Blog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
For those of you that love learning about color genetics, there is an interesting blog, as well as a new book on color genetics called "Equine Tapestry".

You can learn more about both at this link:

http://equinetapestry.com/

Todays discussion is on reverse dappling with many photos explaining what it is.

But all the color patterns have links for more information and photos.

That is very interesting, thank you Joanne. So much information and thoughts to ponder.

What a great site! I now have an enormous excuse not to work in order to read all this person has to say.

I've always loved Erica's mare, Knocker, and remember her "cheetah" dapples. I wonder if hers have progressed and if they are an example of reverse dappling. Erica?

Loved the pics! But, they appear to be what most of us see in minis -- this webbing, the name of which has JUST dropped out of my memory bank!!!!

So, what's different? I see JoAnnes mare has other roaning and an ever expanding facial white (love the blue eyes).

Pics are sooooo helpful!
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks.

You can see differences and similarities, IMO........maybe related genetics in the end. Color is so interesting!

Latest posts

Back