Info from bank

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Last night on Fox, Suze Ormond suggested that everyone call their banks to be sure they were covered by FDIC. So I called this morning and told them I just wanted to check on FDIC coverage. First she asked for my name....and I'm sitting here wondering why....they're either insured or not....but ok. She pulls up my account and says "you should be ok".
default_new_shocked.gif
I replied "please don't say "should be". Then she said "in my opinion you wouldn't have a problem".
default_unsure.png
In her opinion????? I sure as heck didn't call for someone's opinion. I'm tempted to call and ask for the bank manager and complain about the assurance(?) I was given that this bank, and it's a fairly large one, is adequately insured. Grrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that too..soo I checked my banks website
default_smile.png

Equal Housing LenderMember FDIC©

Donna, Did you ever get an answer to your ORIGINAL question?????
default_unsure.png

Do you have more than $100,000.00? FDIC only insures individual accounts for up to $100,000. If it is in a trust I believe you are good up to $250,000. Both are per person so if you are married you can seperate the monies for more coverage.

That was all the answer I got. I'm fairly positive they're covered but I may check to see if there isn't a list of FDIC covered banks on the net. I'm fairly sure I heard something about one on TV last night.

Edited to add: Found the site if anyone's interested in checking on their bank. I found it under "institutions". http://www3.fdic.gov/idasp/

Oh yeah.....it was listed.

No LOL I certainly don't have more than $100,000. Just wanted to be sure the bank was insured. I assumed they were......but you know what they say about assuming things. I figured making a phone call wasn't too much trouble to be sure what I DO have is safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually...........

The "FDIC" can't POSSIBLY back more than a tiny fraction of accounts. They know this! I have read figures that only three to five percent can be covered. Do you seriously think that you will be among the 3 to 5 percent who recovers their funds in full? Think your bank is strong? Prove it, they can't most likely.

One of our banks (WA MU) ASSURED me they were strong and still safe. Two days later ON A THURSDAY NO LESS, they were shut down and seized. Now its "owned" by J.P. Morgan who is INTIMATELY familiar with depressions and their crash points.

Its kinda like asking the FOX if everything is ok in the hen house...... What do you expect them to tell you?

Your hard earned money IS at risk darn near anywhere (institutionally) you are "leagally" allowed to put it! Gold and silver are looking pretty attractive at these depressed prices.

Wonder when they are going to call for a gold round-up again...............

Latest posts

Back