Indy ...2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many Updates...

Firstly Indy is doing great, so far no signs of her udder growing still, so I am very pleased! She is getting very big lol.... she is at 230 ish days.

Secondly, the craziness with my new mare Grace... I took her to the vet and he palpated, said NOT pregnant. Which is good but still left me a bit confused as to why my normally sweet loves every mare stallion was being so aggressive. So I decided to take drastic action, and got down & dirty.... Kate had come back into heat, she is the lead mare, so I collected her urine, and poured it on to Graces tail. Keeping my stallion on the other side of the fence I *teased* him with Grace, walking her by many times. Once he got a whiff of her new perfume he started to nicker and he fell head over heals in love. The next day, we reapplied the perfume, and took him out on a lead, let them meet nose to nose and he did fantastic. Of course Grace was still uneasy so we did a lot of reassuring to them both. Yesterday, we let her tail dry up, and turned them out together. Its like one big happy family
default_smile.png
He still Nickered to her, which she refused because she isnt in heat and he just went on his way. They spent all day out with all the mares & little filly, and not a single issue. I am still unsure how it will go when she actually comes into heat, if she does and isnt off hormonaly, or if the vet didnt miss anything apon her palpation. I am hoping everything will be just fine. So keeping my eyes on them but so far so good!

Glad to hear that Indy is progressing ok. It sounds as though your brilliant plan for Grace has worked, well done you - good luck for when she comes into season.

It's certainly puzzling - hopefully your vet will have some answers for you.

Keep us posted on what the vet says. With a changing udder at this stage, you might want to ask the vet whether it's possible she has placentitis. Sometimes early udder growth or changes can indicate early placentits, which can be treated with antibiotics.

Keep us posted, and we'll start praying for positive news from your vet.

Latest posts

Back