Independence Day celebrations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorse

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you are having 4th of July get togethers, cookouts or the like? Do you dress up your Minis?

Please tell about your plans and later post some photos, especially if you dressed up your minis.

I'm going visiting with family.

Have a nice visit with your family, Angie!
My husband and I drove our minis today. I will try and remember to post a picture when I get it off my camera. We are having potato salad and ham for supper and cake for dessert. My mom made the salad, I will do the ham. The grocery store did the cake :D
Hope everyone has a nice day!

Drove Midnight, and we are having a simple day. Will do some cones tonight though--have to have my fireworks. Our neighbors generally do very noisy ones so I will be curious how Midnight reacts. Dapper Dan would love to go over and light the fuses.
We used to host a big do, but it's too far of a drive for all the little ones now when we have to do the fireworks so late. so we will all get together another time.
May God bless America.

@Cayuse What is the white thing on the black one's nose? And they look fine before the drive. Thanks for posting.

Mom and I went to visit with some family and I went to the very nice ice cream store and bought ice cream and brought back for everyone. Then we watched various 4th Celebrations on TV.

And Happy 4th and now 5th back to everyone. I will look for the photos mentioned that are posted elsewhere on the site.

Neighbors not home so only our very mild cones and fountains, with a couple of loud pops and whistles. And one largeish thing called "amazing", which it really was! It had a horrible zombie face on it; glad it was dark and I didn't have to look at the packaging while it was making its show. Afterward, as we were sitting watching the stars and enjoying the fireflies, it burst into flames.
Checked on the horses. Midnight was a little nervous, but not unduly so. I am always reminded of how fortunate I am to live where the sound of fireworks is a celebration, and not the "bombs bursting in air" of war.

I hope that everyone logged lots of hours over the holiday weekend. I would love to hear about adventures, if anyone had any.

40 minutes driving Peanut and 15 for Cappy. Dan and I drove together and then I drove Cappy at the end. Dan is having a lot of fun with Cappy. I should get him to come on here and log his hours!

OOPS! ETA: I posted on the wrong thread. I've done this twice this week, lol! Sorry guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back