In the Mood to See BUCKSKINS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
It's a color I am quite fond of and thought it would be nice to show them off to each other. Here are my buckskin miniatures, even sneaking in a new but furry shot of Cover Girl. I'm hopeful to have a couple more buckskin Buckeroos next year -- who can really have too many of them
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Countrys Brass Monkey, a/k/a “Monkey"[/SIZE]2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated

Blaze Faced, Blue Eyed, Buckskin Show Colt -- Expected To Mature @ 31"

Sired By Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Sire of National Grand Champions – Son of Lazy “N” Redboy and Grandson of Rowdy

Monkey-Stallions-3.jpg
Monkey-Stallions-1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Triple H Buckin Khaki, a/k/a “Khaki”[/SIZE]

2002 32" AMHA/AMHR buckskin brood mare - halter grand champion - Taylors and Dell Tera lines

Khaki%202.jpg
KHAKI--07312006--%20BRUSHED%20027%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Harrells Flirting With Perfection, a/k/a “Flirt”[/SIZE]

2006 AMHA/AMHR Silver Buckskin Show Filly – Halter Champion

Rowdy and Buckeroo breeding (Daughter of Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, Granddaughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection)

Flirt%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20100%20Touched%20MARES.jpg
Flirt%20350%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20075.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet, a/k/a “Maddie”[/SIZE]

2003 33.75" AMHA / AMHR Silver Buckskin Mare w/ Dun Factor

To Be Bred to DunIT (National Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll) for a 2009 Foal

Maddie%20071%20MARES.jpg
Maddie%20011%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me’s Big City Cover Girl, a/k/a "Cover Girl"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Buckskin Filly – Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Little Kings Big City Buck (Sire of National Champions, Son of Buckeroo)

Out of Erica’s Double Dipped (a sibling to many National Champions and Sired by Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, Son of BTU)

Cover-Girl-July-08.jpg
Cover%20Girl%20at%20Ericas%20MARES.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Let's see your buckskins!!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I'm Belgian and new on this forum. Since I just love buckskins, I've chosen this topic to place my very first post ever.
default_wink.png

I'd like to introduce:

[SIZE=12pt]Bar B Special Moment[/SIZE]

2004 - 32.5" - AMHA Silver Buckskin Pinto Mare - Glenns General Patton granddaughter

registratier2lz0.jpg

registratiel1fq6.jpg

Waiting for professional pics of my latest addition: a buckskin pinto BTU grandson. Will post as soon as I get them.

Beautiful buckskins, everyone
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Jen, Maddie sends a shout out to her friend!!!

FSGemstoneMiniatures, welcome here from Virginia
bye.gif

Your mare is very pretty and I bet you will love your BTU grandson!!! I have a son, grandson and two granddaughters of BTU. As lovely as they are to look at, it is their tremendous heart that really makes them shine. They are my favorite horses for what's on the inside
love0034.gif

Jill, our buckskin mare has been CRANKY since her buckskin buddy Maddie left. Maybe I should try hanging a photo of Maddie in her stall and maybe that'll make her more happy
default_rolleyes.gif
Actually, I think she's just mad that Maddie is out to pasture chillin' with her boyfriend and "Dani" didn't get to go to warmer weather with her!

~Jen~

I'm kind of fond of buckskins myself. Here's two buckskin fillies born here this year:

Strasslein Pearl of Great Price

Sire: BHR JC's Geshan (2006 AMHR National Grand Champion)

Dam: Martin's Mardi Gras Sunset

IMG_2809.jpg

Strasslein Mardi Gras Still Pickled (a buckskin pinto with blue eyes!)

Sire: B&L's Rock "E" Mardi Gra

Dam: Martin's Kids Candied Sweet Pickles

IMG_2691.jpg

And here's a buckskin stallion, B&L's "Lil's Diamond", that is spending some time with some mares for hopefully some more little buckskins next year.
default_wink.png

Sire: B&L's Bar-G's Rock "E" Hershey Bar (Congress Grand Champion)

Dam: B&L's Bar-G's Rock "E" Lilli-Hammer

Diamond2.jpg

Here is my one and only buckskin

skip1.jpg

Her dam was sold out of my uncles estate but a year later I had the chance to buy her back. She was so happy to be home she gave me a buckskin filly.
default_biggrin.png

skipofgold.htm_txt_skipofgoldhead.gif

I can't wait to clip her and see if she has her mama's neck but the bugs this year.
default_new_shocked.gif

MY TURN!!
default_yes.gif

Little Kings Junior Jinx ~ 34" AMHA / AMHR Stallion. Grandson of both Boones Little Buckeroo & East Acres Golden Jubilee

Image4.jpg

Little Kings Heir To Glory ~ 34" AMHA / AMHR Mare, paternal sister to Jinx. Daughter of Little Kings Buckwheat, granddaughter of Boones Little Buckeroo. In foal to Jinx
default_wub.png
for April '09.

glory0916-1.jpg

Martins Mardi Gras Sunset ~ 37" ASPC / AMHR Mare, Rock E granddaughter.

3yr.jpg

Cross Country Behind Blue Eyes ~ 34" AMHA / AMHR Mare, leased to Janet of Hidden Creek Farm for this breeding season. Blue is in foal to Janet's stallion, Doughboy for April '09.

blue05site.jpg

Cross Country Penny Lane ~ 34" AMHA / AMHR Mare, smutty buckskin, paternal sister to Blue.

pennymidland5a.jpg

JMS Irish Hills Big City Promises ~ AMHA / AMHR Filly, full sister to Erica's Big City Bank On Me, daughter of Little Kings Big City Bucks and Cross Country Penny Lane

miley.jpg

Ericas Caramel Macchiato ~ 30" AMHA / AMHR Filly, daughter of Little Kings BT Buck Bandito.

carasm.jpg

Wall Streets Hersheys Butternut ~ ASPC / AMHR Hardship soon to be gelding.

butt522.jpg

AND ....

One more that I can't say anything about yet.
default_sad.png
LOL

Man, I have a lot of buckskins!
default_yes.gif

I have a few, I do love buckskins!! First is Erica's Streakin' For Bucks, a Little King Big City Bucks son and his dam is an accomplished show horse who also happens to be appaloosa. "Streaker" is now starting to show some appaloosa coloring.
default_smile.png
streaker_00.jpg

Here's a mare that has been sold but is still here as I am keeping her buckskin filly that she had this year
mia_04.jpg

and her buckskin filly, Magic Mist Linda Bella Mia
m_bella_00.jpg

and my other buckskin filly born this year, I SO need to get new pics of these little ones! This is Magic Mist Sugar Me Sweet, she is a linebred Rattlesnake Bayou Rowdy Sugar Buck foal

sugarmesweet_01.jpg

There's also the buckskin leopard appaloosa stallion I'm trading one of my mares for, but he won't be home until September.
default_smile.png

Sheryl, we were posting at the same time, then when I saw your post I thought the same thing that you said-- Man, you have a lot of buckskins, lol!! NICE ones!!
default_yes.gif

What a hardship that must be for you, perhaps you need to send one or two to ME? LOL!!
default_laugh.png

Buckskin is my favorite color
default_smile.png
(well, except for some reason if it's pinto I prefer chestnut lol)

Here is my rescue gelding, Impulsive Decision, aka Pulse (gee, how did I come up with that name.... lol!)

pulse1111.jpg

pulse.jpg

My silver buckskin dun (Ee Aa Crn Zn) mare, HRK Kates Chocolat Creme de Coco, aka Cocoa. She has been bred to my black leopard appy for next year, hoping for a buckskin appy!
default_smile.png
This year she gave me the most beautiful chestnut pinto
default_smile.png

cocoa11corr.jpg

cocoa31111.jpg

46a22b33.jpg

And my silver buckskin mare Goodsells Buckaroo Golden Girl, aka Dazzle:

dazzle125-24-8.jpg

dazzlehead24-23-8.jpg

dazzle265-24-8.jpg

Jessi

Wow!
default_new_shocked.gif
buckskins are so pretty. I want a mini buckskin. Hopefully My perlino mare will give me one next year.

At least we have a big horse that is a buckskin, well he is a dun also. (dunskin). He's a Quarter Horse.

Pistol pack n drifter

Drifter2.jpg

pistolpakndrifter.jpg

LOVE, love, love everyones buckskins!

We only have one here, but who knows about down the road...

Here is Poco de Oros Bit of Buckeroo...silver buckskin with dapples (although you can't really see the dapples in these photos). Shown here chubby and straight from the pasture. Only 28" tall now as a 2 yr old, and I doubt he'll get much taller. He's a lovey-boy! He needs to find a new home who will show him.

Possum5_June_2008-349x225.jpg
Possum_June_2008-180x249.jpg

Here are a few of of mine.

Arions Playboy Destiny (dunskin)

playboy.jpg

Oak Park SS Savannah Breeze

breeze.jpg

Drays Oak Park Destinys Chance

chance060808.jpg

Latest posts

Back