In louisiana needing a Mini foal that needs a mana. I have a mama that needs a baby.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy Clift

Reaction score
Our mare lost her baby yesterday. She was still born. Daisy, our mini is devastated, she is not wanting to leave the spot where she birthed her lil girl. I was wondering if anyone knew of a foal who needs a mama, because daisy needs a baby. She is so depressed and Ive read that adopting a foal would help her.
In the process of giving daisy her shots she accidentally kicked me n stepped on my foot. Im on a boot and crutches for now, wont know if my broken is broken until the swelling goes down some. But I hobble out there and Im trying to give daisy lots of love.

If you can't find a foal you could try another mini that she doesn't know. I've found when I lose one of mine and their friends are grieving it helps to add someone new to the group.

It's also not too late to milk some colostrum from her.... Her colostrum will be good for 48 hrs from the time she lost her foal. (And I am so sad for BOTH her and you about that.) If at all possible get enough that you can fill an ice cube tray with it. Freeze it and then put the cubes in a freezer baggie...... The colostrum is good frozen for a year.......and you just may save another foal's life in that time.

Blessings to you and your little grieving mare.

Latest posts

Back