Important message!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marylou

Reaction score
Everyone please go check out Seven Acres website. Debi has made an important announcement.
default_wub.png

Is there a link?

I just searched under members for Seven Acres and couldn't find Debi listed.....

Sorry, I am computer stupid, so please excuse my inability to locate this on my own, I really do hope all is ok with Debi.

Thanks Angel ridge...... I finally found it under SevenAcresFarm.com.......

My thoughts and prayers are with Debi and her family.

It was hard to find but here's Debi's announcement:

It is with deep regret and sadness that I tell you I'll be dispersing my herd. The latest problems just seem to be the straw that broke this camels back.

We lost Tai the other day. We found her that afternoon where she had dropped obviously in a dead run. Something had been running her as well as Spice. He was bitten quite a bit on his tail and lost most of the hair. The babies from last year were back there with them. Thankfully none of them were harmed, just real spooky. I'm assuming they were protected by the other two.

We were cremating her when the wind picked up and we lost the fire. Three fire trucks, 5 acres, some woods and two eighteen wheelers with bull dozers later they had control of it.

It just seems like for the last couple of years it's always something else. Tai Baby was such a sweetheart and didn't deserve anything like this. Lori Burleson had purchased her and she was leaving in two weeks.....

I love what I do. I have worked my herd to everything I wanted and was producing some exceptional babies. Some of you are showing them and making me really proud of the results. I know that I will miss it and am not ruling out the possibility of starting again later. Right now this seems to be the right things for me. I have to have a break for awhile.

I will be keeping the Forum as well as the website. It'll take awhile to sell my herd plus I'll be keeping the dogs. We won't have another litter for a few months but I'll try to get a cam up for that. Who knows, I might be left with 4 or 5 mares as well as a stud like Beth. Maybe I could handle 3 or 4 babies a year by next year......

I hope we all have a good week!

Debi

Last edited by a moderator:
Am so very sorry to hear she has had so many bad breaks. I know how hard it can be,, just do not want to see her give up.

Oh. I am so sorry to read of the tragedies...they certainly didn't deserve that.
default_sad.png

Thank you for calling our attention to this....

I hope things get better for them, and I do hope she hangs onto a special few. I just don't understand why some people have such rotten luck, it seems so unfair.

My thoughts are with her....

Liz

Debi, so sorry for your latest difficulties. I hope you are able to get your herd down to a comfortable number and get through this with no more problems. {{{hugs}}}

Jan

Latest posts

Back