I'm stuck and need advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrestigeMiniHorses

Reaction score
Alrighty this seems probably dumb but I am stuck in a rut....I have been wanting to purchase one more horse for a while now. And I have finally narrowed down it down to 2 horses...Unfortunatly I do not have pictures at the moment but I will get some...

My first horse I have chosen is my friend's colt...He's a mini of course! He's a palomino pinto colt out of 2 of her best horses a chestnut pinto mare and a cremello stallion. He's gorgeous to me. He's expected to mature about 34". Has good bloodlines and the potential to be a herd sire, which would easily mean my stallion Blue gets the nippers. I know I can be barn blind. I have known the breeder for years and I consider her family. She's taken care of Millie and Blue for me many times and I even used to board my horses with her when I lived in Colorado. He's being offered for sale at $1500...Oh yes his registered name has not been picked.

My second horse is Double T's Double Trouble, yearling black Shetland Pony gelding. He's gorgeous also. And his owner whom I also know is a wonderful person. Met her back in April and I just love her. She's got great horses and everything. Well Eddie hasnt been shown or anything but he comes from horses who have. His sire is Once In A Blue Moon whose registered PtHA and ASPC. And has done great out there...His dam whose name I can't say since I forgot.LOL...Anyhow his grandsire is Moon Over Miami the PtHA World Champion Stallion...Very nice horse. So we know Eddie comes from a line of show horses. I have seen pics but none of him all prettied up. Which stinks but I can deal with that..He's priced at $750...I think he can also be breeding stock PtHA registered too. Also he's here in WA too about 113 miles away!!

Im sorry I don't have pictures but I can email some if anyone can help. I promise
default_smile.png
I just need alil help in deciding between the two. My hubby could careless about which one I chose. And we can afford either one...I hate decisions...LOL....Who to decide ::shakes head::

Thanks, Kourtney

Edited to fix this post...Didn't want to put the wrong things up.....Thanks Songcatcher for clueing me in....

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: love to see photos.

it will be up to you on which one. You have to ask yourself which one will work better in your herd. What will you do with him. See which one better fixes your herd. Good luck . I am sure both are very pretty. It would be hard to decide by what you have told us.

let us know.

Im sorry I don't have pictures but I will get some soon. I promise
default_smile.png
I just need alil help in deciding between the two. My hubby could careless about which one I chose. And we can afford either one...I hate decisions...LOL....Any advice or comments would be great...Feel free to ask questions too
default_smile.png

Thanks, Kourtney
Just a reminder, it is against Forum rules to post pictures of horses you don't own and ask for advise on them.

Well are you planning on showing or breeding miniature or shetland? It didn't sound as the shetland stud was amhr registered! If you are going to show are there very many shows in your area with shetland classes? Do you want to play with a baby or do you need an stud now?

Just some things to think about.

Patty

I have no intentions of breeding right now. The Shetland is gelded already and the mini colt could possibly be that way. We have a bunch of shows around here for both horses. Shetland is only registered ASPC but the mini is AMHA/AMHR and could go PtHA too. My yearling stallion is reaching his judgement day here soon, so who knows what. I know they could both geldings for all I know. My yearling has no interest in mares at all yet..So i dont know. I am not breeder thats for sure. I have never bred a single horse that was mine but have aided others with foaling their horses out. My operation is very tiny thats for sure and one day i would love to expand. However, if we had a stallion who could potentially breed thats not a problem either. WE have the means to support a foal as well as a stallion. But thats not happening anytime soon. Atleast not for 5 years thats for sure. Sorry if I am rambling. Very tired and I had a long day
default_smile.png
I am not really concerned about showing too much. I do show just not a whole lot. My animals are really big spoiled pets
default_smile.png
Not sure if that helps any..

* Edited to correct my spelling..LOL

I wouldn't even consider the prices in this case, because after a short amount of time, the difference in price wil have gone into care anyhow (so think of it as a drop in the bucket).

Do you plan to show the horse? If that is a "big" thing you plan to do with him, have you ever shown ASPC? If not, what happens if you don't like it as well as showing minis?

My main advice is that if you are looking at either of these horses and thinking that you'd like him better if this or that were different, don't buy. They make horses ever day and I learned early on if I go with "almost just right", soon after I buy that, "just right" is for sale.

My advice would be to, BEFORE purchasing either horse, sit down and think about why and for what purpose do you want another horse. These are 2 completely different horses - one a gelding and one a complete colt.

Of course the colt could always be gelded but I would have the purpose in mind before purchase. Once you know why you are buying it will make your decision easier.

Latest posts

Back