Im so sick of watching my own horse! LOL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I love Flirt to death but man i am tired of lookin at her on cam!! and i know those of you watching the cam have to be tired of her too! LOL. Someone on horsecity swears im playing a tape over and over every night LOL

Again i apologize for messing up and putting her under cam too early. But she has really fooled me and some long time breeder friends. There have been a couple nights i was sure it was going to be the real deal and went to the barn with the foaling kit.

I havent bred that long (5 years) but i have never had a maiden mare bag up as early without foaling as flirt! Just crazy!

And now bailey is starting to bag up so there will be no break between the two.

Flirts hogging the cam!

AWE! Kay! :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

Don't feel bad. I had one (actually two) do that to me last year and the first one was off by 4 weeks on only one cover date.
default_wacko.png
: breeders error not mine... :bgrin The other one I was only guessing (she was bought "pature exposed")
default_rolleyes.gif
: So she obvouisly took right away, but I was only guessing and she still made me wait almost three weeks with a HUGE BAG! :bgrin Her muscles were so soft and relaxed in the rear end for weeks I even had the vet out to check her to make sure everything was alright.
default_yes.gif
:

Flirt is fun to watch though and I am enjoying "spying" on her when I get a chance.

She will probably foal while Hubby and I are in California visting my family for 9 days.....But I will check in on her when I get get my dad off the PC long enough!
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin

We leave early in the AM tommorrow and its Hubbys first Airplane ride so it will be very interesting... :lol:

Good Luck Kay!

Jeri

If it makes you feel any better.

I had not checked in on her in a few days, and she has for SURE dropped since I looked at her last.

So she is progressing.
default_yes.gif
:

fran being the sweatheart she is came and helped me braid her tail today to make it easier to see her vulva. She also thought flirt was much looser in the flanks. I sure hope you ladies are right. Ive looked at her so much I cant even tell anymore LOL

thanks for being so understanding. I think Bailey is jealous of flirt getting all the attention. They used to be best friends but now bailey isnt liking her very much. But she is late in her pregnancy too. Im so excited about these foals i can hardly stand it

Oh I hear ya, I have two maidens I have been watching for a month........I am sure they are going for some sort of record.....328 days today.........YAWN! Hang in there! :saludando:

well -- I am sorry for you --- but frankly I enjoy checking in on your mare several times during the day -- I just "know" when I go for the first check of the morning - that there will be a foal with her --- I am so positive that she will foal at night or on the weekend -- I can't watch either of those times.

She is such a lovely mare - and its a pleasant start for my day --

I do look forward to seeing her foal however --- hang in there - its got to happen within the next 60 days right??
default_yes.gif
: :new_shocked:

Kay~ I feel your pain!!

I have a mare here that bagged up early, and I've been watching her (and Flirt) for what seems like forever now! I was just POSITIVE she was going to foal last week. :eek: Luckily, I didn't post her on the forum
default_poke.gif
: , but everyday everyone I know asks if she's foaled yet.

:bgrin

Quit pampering her- stick her in the trailer and take her for a good long bumpy ride and tell her the hobbit is getting on her broomstick and is coming over there to haul it out with her teeth!!!!!
default_wink.png
:

jane you crack me up!!

lisa then you know what i am going thru! this dang mare has really fooled me several times now. oh im also STILL trying to figure out what the name of this dang camera is

im really getting a feeling that bailey may surpass flirt and foal first. we are trying to figure out how to hook up another camera but then it gets difficult because we have to run the lines above ground.

bailey is an experienced mare and is starting to bag now and is due the exact same day as flirt. im going to try and snap a couple pics of her today. shes not near as big as flirt but crunch tends to throw very small foals.

dang it i want a baby to play with!!! :bgrin

She's looking a bit interesting right now, Kay! :lol: Maybe??

Fingers crossed for you!

Jodi

false alarm after false alarm. growls. everyones having babies but me!! lol.

Latest posts

Back