I'm so mad I could scream @#$%^&*()

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Two big guys pounding on my door.

Said my dogs just chased their truck again, causing them to go in the opposite lane and nearly hit the telephone pole. Said he weaved and ran off the road to avoid it and almost hit another truck. Says he's sick of going through this every day around here and oh brother was this guy mad.

I tell him "these are my dogs right here" as I pointed to them laying on the floor---- in my living room. I said those dogs that chased you belong to that lady over there......and I pointed to her house and we walked over. She is new here and never home but does leave their dogs out front loose and they do roam constantly. The dogs are very nice dogs and sweet, 1 little dog and 2 medium size dogs....... but they are a nuscience because they are left unattended for long periods of time, sometimes days at a time when they go off on trips. The dogs get lonely and roam. They roam everywhere and mostly here.

The men told her what happend and they were really mad and raising thier voices at her. I also told her that her dogs take up residence in my back yard every day soon as they leave for work and that causes me not to be able to put mine out to potty, as my dogs will fight them. I had discussed this with her twice before. I asked her to please confine them to their fenced in area. Geesh! How hard can that be? I could tell she was mad and said nothing. I said my piece so I just left and walked back home across the road. The men were still there hollering about it.

I get a call from my son who is at school some 18 miles away today.

He said that the neighbor's dogs are at the school parking lot and roaming in the town there. The two medium size ones.

That WITCH took those dogs and just dumped them in town instead of just putting them in their fence!

How cold and heartless!!!!!!!!!

I went over by there and she dumped the two dogs but kept the little one. The little one is still laying loose on her front lawn alone now. How dang stupid!

I wish now that no one said anything to her. Now the dogs are homeless. I can't stand that. If I see the dogs in town I think I'll bring them back up to her house and put them in her fence. OH heck I dunno what to do now, I feel like I should never have told those men it was her dogs and not mine, but now I'd like to tell her that it's a $2500 fine for dumping dogs. Darn irresponsible witch.

Get the dogs. Put a note on their collars saying you thought she might like to know it is a $2,500.00 fine for dumping dogs, since she is new. Do not sign the note and print it off on the computer. Also say next time you will dob her in!!! Me, I would dob her in now and to Heck with the consequences- but you are not me (for which you should be eternally grateful!!
smile.gif
)

I think you should put them in her yard. You can act like you are doing her a favor, returning her "run-away" dogs for her so she wouldn't miss them
rolleyes.gif
People who dump animals make me sick!

I'd go pick the dogs up and either find homes my self or last resort take them to a shelter. If she did this once she'll do it again. And she'll dump them farther out so they don't have a chance at finding a home. Do what you can do to help them, it's not their fault they have stupid irresponsable(sp) owners. I'm a big softy when it comes to abuse or neglect
biggrin.gif
! And I'd say what she's doing is exactly that!

Good Luck!!

Leya

I know you have had a lot of trouble with animal control in the past. Have you ever told them you were going to shoot the dogs? I tried that, and that is what it took to get someone out to deal with a stray dog. The county did not want to go to court because I shot someone's dog (even though it is perfectly legal, the owner still takes the county to court and then of course the owner loses the case, but it is a hassle and the sheriff did not want to go through that) so they finally sent an officer out. The officer told me if I figured out who the dog belonged to, to let him know, and he would fine them. He was pretty ticked about being called out to chase a stray dog and was about ready to kill the owner. The other thing I did that got the attention of idiots who let their dogs run loose, was to send the dogs to the animal shelter. They had to pay to get the dog out. This hit them where it really hurt, right in the wallet.

I too would probably turn the lady in for dumping dogs. That is absolutely disgusting. And what is the big deal about closing a gate???? I do think though that such a person should not have dogs. I think the second the one she has left got out on the road, I would haul it to the shelter. Better that than getting splattered on the road to feed the magpies while it was still alive.

And I do not think you should feel guilty for telling the drivers about who owned the dogs. That lady is responsible for her own actions, and she should suffer the consequences of those actions. That's the way my Mom taught me.......

The trouble is Marty has NO shelters in her area at all. She also has to live opposite this woman, as a neighbour, in a "small town" area. I still think putting them back with a note might help.

OOOOOOOh.....I'd sure be tempted to turn her in to the authorities. Problem is, what would happen with the dogs????

I guess, I'd return the dogs with the note....and NEXT time turn her in.

MA

rabbitsfizz said:
The trouble is Marty has NO shelters in her area at all.  She also has to live opposite this woman, as a neighbour, in a "small town" area.  I still think putting them back with a note might help.
463863[/snapback]

I did not know that there is no shelters around the area
no.gif
that really stinks! I'd just hate to see her neighbor drop them off again and they become the traveling pack of dogs that hurt our animals. Mabey the 3 S? I just don't know!

Leya

I'd sure be tempted to turn her in to the authorities.

Truth is, we have NO authorities here to enfoce a thing. There's no leash law, no laws or ordinaces here about dogs, nothing, no shelters etc.

There is a state code that says it's a $2500 fine for dumping animals but no one here can enforce that.

What a catch 22 this is: If I see the dogs, I'm bringing them back to her. Atleast there they had a house to lay under for shelter and she did leave out food for them and then I'm back to square 1 with them over here driving my dogs nuts. The little other dog looks so sad and lonely out front. He's not chaseing cars.......

Should have flat told her that the White Thing over her place is going to eat her and has a big mother.

Even though I would want to whoop her butt!

Could you try, for the sake of the dogs, the humble, innocent "I am sure you had no idea BUT your dogs are ruuning loose and if caught there is a ...fine etc"

I am glad I don't live near you because I would have a whole lot of dogs!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

I have taken in every stray animal that crosses my path since I was a kid!!!! It drove my parents mad!!!!!!! I wrote a book about it as a kid, all my strays!!
rolleyes.gif

Irresponsible pet owners are a pain in the neck!!
wacko.gif
no.gif

Those dogs deserve better than her, send them north!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty, you have a lot to deal with these days in your neck of the words!! I hope things calm down for you!!

rolleyes.gif

for the sake of the dogs, the humble, innocent "I am sure you had no idea BUT your dogs are ruuning loose and if caught there is a ...fine etc
I would do the above......... If she tells you what she did then this will open the door for you to advise & try to help her with her dog problem................ I'm afraid if you pick them up & take them to her, you might get caught - bad vibes - perhaps enemies even & you will now have to be more on guard with your own property & animals.

I have heard too many horrible stories about that kind of reaction to be surprised. The folks who tried to convince a neglectful owner to surrender a mare to them using the coax of "no horse, no trial," only to have a neighbor watch in horror one night as the abusive owner loaded the mare in a stock trailer, took her to a swamp in his employer's ranch and shot her in the dark of the night. No horse, no trial.

Folks who have repeatedly refused to deal with their "problem animals" are going to take the easiest route out when pressed. And they've already proven they don't care about the animals' welfare. Don't make the mistake of pushing them! As you just discovered, the animals suffer for it. ::sigh::

Sad, but true. Return those dogs and she will just dump them somewhere further away.

Leia

saludando.gif
saludando.gif
new_shocked.gif
I sure do wish people would stop using Witch when they mean to say female dog. I'm a Witch but would never dump dogs or any animal. I love critters. How would most ofyou feel if I said Christian everytime someone did something that I thought was awful?

Marty said:
Two big guys pounding on my door.
Said my dogs just chased their truck again,  causing them to go in the opposite lane and nearly hit the telephone pole.  Said he weaved and ran off the road to avoid it and almost hit another truck.  Says he's sick of going through this every day around here and oh brother was this guy mad.

I tell him "these are my dogs right here" as I pointed to them laying on the floor---- in my living room. I said those dogs that chased you belong to that lady over there......and I pointed to her house and we walked over. She is new here and never home but does leave their dogs out front loose and they do roam constantly. The dogs are very nice dogs and sweet,  1 little dog and 2 medium size dogs....... but they are a nuscience because they are left unattended for long periods of time, sometimes days at a time when they go off on trips. The dogs get lonely and roam. They roam everywhere and mostly here.

The men told her what happend and they were really mad and raising thier voices at her. I also told her that her dogs take up residence in my back yard every day soon as they leave for work and that causes me not to be able to put mine out to potty, as my dogs will fight them. I had discussed this with her twice before.  I asked her to please confine them to their fenced in area. Geesh! How hard can that be? I could tell she was mad and said nothing. I said my piece so I just left and walked back  home across the road. The men were still there hollering about it.

I get a call from my son who is at school some 18 miles away today.

He said that the neighbor's dogs are at the school parking lot and roaming in the town there. The two medium size ones.

That WITCH took those dogs and just dumped them in town instead of just putting them in their fence!

How cold and heartless!!!!!!!!!

I went over by there and she dumped the two dogs but kept the little one. The little one is still laying loose on her front lawn alone now. How dang stupid!

I wish now that no one said anything to her. Now the dogs are homeless. I can't stand that.  If I see the dogs  in town I think I'll bring them back up to her house and put them in her fence. OH heck I dunno  what to do now, I feel like I should never have told those men it was her dogs and not mine, but now I'd like to tell her that it's a $2500 fine for dumping dogs. Darn irresponsible witch.

463801[/snapback]

You have no dog officer? What about the towns next to you? The police should be able to enforce the fine and if you don't have a dog officer any where than they can enforce any law. We have a dog officer, but if things get out of hand then the cops are called to assist the dog officer. I thought every town had a leash law or containment law. Maybe you should become the dog officer. Where is the closest shelter? Our's is 1/2 hr. to 1 hr. away depending on who has room.

Christy

Well the dogs are back.

I went in search of them and didn't find them. We looked everywhere.

About 2:00 AM my dogs went nuts barking and low and behold they were in my back yard. Now they are back across the road. Don't know how or where or what and if they made their way back on their own but they are back.
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

You have no dog officer? What about the towns next to you? The police should be able to enforce the fine and if you don't have a dog officer any where than they can enforce any law.

No, nothing, nada, zero, zilch...........

UPDATE; 7:00 PM Friday night. They are back home on their own lawn chasing cars......(sigh) I know that because we just heard tires screeching to avoid hitting them........Oh well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back