I'm seriously thinking about doing our Equine Affaire.. However

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
WHO do I take!? I can only afford to get one stall (10 X 10 and I can probably split it if I decide to, I do have one of those portable/take apart stalls that we may be able to get to work) but what would you do?

I'm leaning toward taking Doc, our stallion. People would be able to see him in the flesh, he's got a ton of fans, then I would be able to set up the table/display with photos of the foals/accomplishments etc..

Or I thought about taking the two yearling boys. I'd be able to setup the display on Doc, but have two offspring there in flesh, AND since they are for sale, would be easy marketing on them and maybe pick up a buyer or two..

Or, a friend suggested splitting the stall (if Im allowed/can) and take Journey and Doc, father/son duo.. Advertise the stallion in the flesh AND people would also be able to see an offspring in the flesh plus him being for sale. OR? Any other ideas?

We did the MA Equine Affaire in November and it was close enough to us that we rotated horses in and out. Is there any way you could do that? We took two 2012 foals (the fillies), our top show mare, and our 2010 gelding who is full brother to one of the 2012 fillies. Those two were the most popular so we swapped around and took them back an extra day. No one stayed overnight. We were next to the shires and it was fun to watch people come down the aisle, spot the minis through the stall screen, and immediately pull out their phones for photos! The one filly was for sale and got a lot of interest until we mentioned the price. She is still here and may always be here. The day after the 4 day event I was so sick I couldn't even feed the horses and the 2 fillies showed signs of ulcers for which they were treated and recovered. Just something else to think about.

Thanks. It won't be possible for me to switch out horses throughout it
default_sad.png
So trying to come up with the best option..

Latest posts

Back