I'm having a party

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Those little yearling stallion twerps (and Magic-senior stallion, their fearless leader) busted out with the main herd yesterday. No one was interested in doing the funky monkey, thank goodness. Magic wanted to make SURE the herd stayed as FAR away from the stallion paddocks as possible and was running constantly. The boys got their noggins smartly thumped by Magic for even LOOKING at the mares, so they stayed in a seperate herd.[/SIZE]

It took Mia and I TWO HOURS in the 45 acre pasture to sort them out...arrrgh. She is the BEST horse helper EVER though. I would have been in serious trouble if she hadn't been here! Luckily there are smaller pastures set up for sorting too.

I was being nice and was letting Magic and the twerps stay out in the 35 acre hayfield...NO MORE, they are ALL in bad boy time out in a paddock and will STAY THERE until I get my gelding party booked.
default_wacko.png
Magic and my shetland colt are exempt, but everyone else...off with the dangly bits!

I wish you all had been able to see Mia and I running after those brats~LOL It was insane....and funny, I'm sure, to Steve who watched Zac and the crazy horse herding activities. It's funny now, at the time, not so much~LOL

Here's the bad boys
default_wink.png

Baloofront1.jpg

Banner2-1.jpg

Banner2.jpg

Boo2.jpg

Boo1.jpg

Bravo1.jpg

Im getting ready for a gelding party soon too!!! woohooo go geldings!

I know it was not funny at the time
default_laugh.png
, but you had me laughing trying to imagine you and Mia out in the pasture. I've been there done that but with only one stallion who got out and in with the mares and gelding and in a lot smaller area. It was still a lot of running and separating one at a time.

Sounds like it is definitely time for a gelding party.

Hahaha! Mine wasn't bad like yours, but he's still getting his berries cut off.
default_biggrin.png

Heee! Laura - when gelding time came around at that last farm I worked at, I used to print up a tongue-in-cheek poster to hand out.

It went something like this:

Announcing the 5th annual [SIZE=24pt]Gelding Party [/SIZE]

at *Farm Name* Arabians & Miniatures

Saturday, April 15th at 1:00 p.m. sharp! [SIZE=8pt]<--- very[/SIZE]

All welcome!

Bring a friend!

Refreshments available! (ice cold water, carrots & Rocky Mountain oysters)

Ladies - invite that no-longer-special guy in your life!

Gentlemen - come on in and take a load off!

Festivities will go on as scheduled - rain or shine!

Your host - John Smith, DVM

Special ride-through service provided!

Discount rates for large groups!

Ample lawn space available!

We do 'em all - big & small!
And yes - some people did bring in their colts for gelding - and it did turn into a party of sorts!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness that is so stressfull when the horses get loose. What time does the party start?
default_wink.png

LOL! I love the invite
default_wink.png
It will start when I finish halter breaking everyone >bad horse mom<

The invite is hilarious! And, Ill take that blue eyed bay pinto off your hands for you!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

The invite is hilarious! And, Ill take that blue eyed bay pinto off your hands for you!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Isn't he a pretty boy?
default_wub.png
That's the one that is being spared, he's a classic shetland
default_wub.png
IM me if you would like to know more about him
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back