I'm going on an adventure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marsha, thank you for sharing that!! We've been in the camper trailer for 2 years now, rehabbing the old (1944) home...I feel better now. Knowing that do-it-yourself takes time helps.

Jeannie, I'm in southern North Carolina. I've been watching your adventure with interest. If I remember correctly, you're about 3 hours from here. I do hope Spanky and I will get to meet you one day in the not too distant future!

Well it sounds like you are half way home, in a real sense. Your house is sold and that is one half of the battle. Five acres sounds like the perfect size lot. Do you know what style house you might like? If I had to build from the bottom up, I would get a double wide and put it on a full foundation. They can just drive up and deliver it, like pizza ☺
We've looked into this option for our 4 acres. We could afford a larger home this way and it would be done so much quicker. We're planning to build a barn as well so it would give us more money to put into the barn.

yes , i have calmed down since we have a plan. thanks again to all of you for all the encouraging comments.

Sarah, my email from u said dear jeannie, and no message, just thought u should know

well im still in kentucky. we have had so much snow and rain that we can't think of getting a trailer or truck in here. we are really stuck, supposed to rain next 8 more days.

Cayuse, my minis are with me here. haven't been able to even think of driving. they are sooo bored. mike is going to try to leave so we can buy the land and get the house started. i will keep you all posted

well im still in kentucky. we have had so much snow and rain that we can't think of getting a trailer or truck in here. we are really stuck, supposed to rain next 8 more days.

Cayuse, my minis are with me here. haven't been able to even think of driving. they are sooo bored. mike is going to try to leave so we can buy the land and get the house started. i will keep you all posted
Sure wish we could have some of that rain here. We have had less than .2" since last October. Wheat won't even germinate in the fields. But how frustrating for you! Hope you get a rainbow very soon--especially one with a pot of gold at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never think of Kentucky as having snow for some reason. I have not had much luck getting mine put either, I had three days last week that it was nice enough to ground drive, then it snowed, rained, froze and the ice rink returned. Today it is 50 so maybe I can get one out this weekend. They are pretty bored, too. Been a long winter.

Glad your minis are still home with you. I thought maybe they were in one location and you in another.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, we are ok, but there is no way we can get out of here. all the barn stuff is up in the garage, but want get a truck in here.

mike is still here he is afraid to leave me here with all this water. im still packing. the house belongs to someone else now, but he still lets us stay cause of the water.

How are things on the "Adventure Front"? I am just getting caught up. Sounds like Adventure was the correct title for your thread in so many ways. I hope things are drying out for you. We've done the flood thing and it's not fun. Soggy stuff is so.... depressing... messy....? for lack of better terms.

those words all sound right to me.

WELL OFF AGAIN TO SC. YES THIS IS IT. MON TUES WED WE FINISH PACKING , MIKE COME HOME WED EVENING, THURSDAY THE ABF TRUCK COMES AND PARKS A LARGE TRAILER WHEREVER WE WANT IT. THURS NIGHT 4 VERY HARD WORKING TEENAGERS COME AND START LOADING. GO HOME AND COME BACK FRIDAY AND FINISH LOADING. SATURDAY AM WE ARE OFF. L-A-S-T T-R-I-P.

Mike wants to put the important stuff in first and then put stuff in according to need and worth. i don't think that will work. if you put furniture in first you will have a lot of wasted space. i think we should load boxes first, to the ceiling and tie them all down

we are taking 12 ft panels and 5 stall panels and 4 gates. i think they should go in first also they will be then crammed in by the boxes which will keep them from shifting or falling and then put stuff in according to need and worth, what do you guys think.?????

Furniture goes last!so you can pull out a chair and sit down and celebrate when you get there!!!

I would put the horse stuff in last too. Just in case you need it in a hurry.

If you are on any medication, make sure it doesn't get lost in all the packing (that is the old nurse in me talking, ignore her if you want, lol, she is a worry wart!) it can be a pain in the rear to have to get refills in the middle of moving. BTDT when my mom moved in with us, and it was only a two mile move!

Good Luck!

Every time I see a U Haul with the "Adventure in Moving" logo on the side I cringe. Too many moves in my life!

If things are not going to stay on the truck, then load however things fit best. Uniform sized boxes are easiest. You can sometimes get used ones from a moving company for bargain. Or look on the local craigs list for people getting rid of theirs. Buy a box of wrapping paper from the moving company; it is so much easier to use than inky newspapers.

And here's hoping the Adventure ends smoothly and you all live happily ever after!

Marsha , too many moves for us too. we moved from cleveland to sfo 0n a plane , that was easy. then from sfo to cleveland with a uhaul truck "adventure in moving:".then from cleveland back to sfo uhaul again. then from sfo to roswell, nm. from roswell to kentucky. gathering kids dogs and horses all the way. thanks for the advice ladies. will keep u posted.

almost!!!!! i arrived her Friday morning, 2 days ago.i drove all night because my helpers? got my truck and trailer stuck in the mud and i had to be here for the moving trucks arrival. Whatever can happen will happen it's the irish luck. Mike felldown on sunday morning and landed on his tail bone. so that put him out of business for a while and i had to leave him there, he is healing well and planning on leaving this friday. wish him luck. i amstill recuperating from the last several months, but am feeling better every day. thanks so much for all your advice and help through all this, my best friends

Latest posts

Back