im giving in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
im giving in to my cus and a few of my friends, i have been thinking about going on antidepressants, and they all agree, my cousin said she went on antidepressants around my age and they can help, so i hope it does, im going to talk to my doctor friday, i know a few of you have pmd me nad posted on some of my prevous topics about sad things, and well i hope this can lighten me up and maybe my family will respect me again!?!?!?!?

Best of luck to you - I think it's great to be pro-active!!

Depression is such an ugly cycle - you already don't feel well, and tend to focus on gloomy topics, which tends to push people away - and that's the last thing you need.

Hoping for brighter, more positive days ahead for you!

Good luck.
default_yes.gif
default_luck.gif

I say if you need them then take them. BUt be very very carful and report anything out of the normal to the doctor as they can have different affects on teens. Plus not all meds work, some can make you worse. They also can take up to 3 months to be fully effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cara,

Good luck to you, I am so happy you are trying to find some happiness. Let me just also add, please do not

get discouraged if you have to try more than 1 type of anti-depressant......every person is different, which is why there are so many kinds out there.

Obviously, you are taking the first step and seeing your Dr., which I applaud, but don't forget that anti-depressants (which I am on) help lessen your depression they don't cure it, you may want to seriously think about seeking someone to talk to as well, counseling, church person......anyway, just my 2 cents....I know you have been having a rough time the past few months and sometimes a person outside of your "family circle" is a better listener than family is. Again, just my opinion..........good luck and all the best, I happen to have found the right anti-depressant and can function pretty well, but I must say I do still have "downer" days.... of course it doesn't help that I live in a climate that is gray and wet for many months out of the year either.
default_biggrin.png

Heres hoping your find your
default_biggrin.png
back soon!!!
default_aktion033.gif

thanks everyone i am now on the medication and im starting out slow! i hope this helps and i am seeking a differnt counsler

Good luck to you. I have struggled with depression myself. Its no fun...

Back