Im Getting Two Minis...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
I think i've talked bout 'em before but, my school has two miniature horses and the girl who was taking care of them over the summer can't keep them at her house any more so were bringing them home! Im really excited, im going to talk to my teacher and see if i can keep them at my house till i get a new horse, so i can start breaking them to drive... She keeps talking about breaking them to drive...But she's never driven before
default_no.gif
So i figured if i at least start lounging them with a bitting rig it couldn't hurt and start them long lining. There both really cute Pintos. I'll post pictures as soon as i get them here. We are spliting our run-in in 1/2 for now just so they can meet the girls "threw the fence" and then i'll introduce them slowly. I really don't think they won't get along. One is an older gelding...i want to say around 11 give or take and the other is a lil 3/4 year old stud thing...Ugh...don't get me started on that. Okay...well here's the story...

Our old miniature horse had died and we were looking for another one. My brother's freind's mom called me and told me they were looking to give away a there mini gelding. So i went and looked at him and got the scoop on him from the person they had bought him from (i was riding with her) and i decided i would get him for Ag. So we trailered him and brought him to school...Well a couple weeks past and rumors started to go around the school about some one riding the minis. I hadn't been down to the barn in a while and i went down and he was VERY Head shy...like you would move and he would flinch. Which mad me very mad because he was the sweetest thing before he went to school (im still kicking myself for bringing him there and not keeping him for my self...lol) Well you would move fast and he would flinch/set back. Any ways soo one day my class was down at the barn (with out the teacher) and this kid walked in picked up the lunge whip and started smacking the horses with it and cracking it IN THE STALL where the minis were. Well i lost it riped it out of his hand fliped on him. Any way well after all the incidents the i told the teacher and she handled them. Any way i totally went off topic...lol. between all this Spencer started to act studdish and some kids claimed they saw his "Man hood" well, one day i looked "down there" and sure enough there was a scrotem, my teacher about fliped when i reached down there to see what was up...lol she didn't want me to get hurt...well there was stuff there. So she talked to the vet and he said he is/was (i can't remember) a crypt orchid. So yea... Ugh, It really buggs me that he's a stallion because he isn't stallion quality but i think the procedure is going to cost 1k+ to get him fully gelded. So yea. it's just not a safe thing to have a stallion with kids who don't know how to do stuff with horses... He pulled ME all 164 pounds of me to the pasture. The problem is that the teacher isn't there to tell the kids what to do, so the horses get away with everything. So there going to have a mini boot camp for the next few weeks.

I really think that he needs to be with someone that knows how to handle horses, because it is dangerous to have a stallion (weather he's full or not) around kids, period.

Any ways im super excited! lol. as soon as they get here you will have pictures!

Latest posts

Back