I'm getting a new horse! New Pictures Add on Page 2!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I sold my big horse over a year ago and I only had minis. At one time I had 4 of them! Now, I am going to just have 2 minis and a biggie! I have had the bug to ride again so bad it isn't even funny. I thought I would be okay with just minis and a cart, but I miss riding! So, I started trying to sell my gelding that can ride and drive so I can have room for a biggie. A lady contacted me and we decided to do a trade! She is supposed to arrive sometime this weekend. The lady is going to call me tonight and let me know which day!

She is a 12 year old dark bay Thoroughbred mare. She is just so pretty! I have never been a fan of thorougbreds before, but she sounds like a wonderful horse! So, we are going to trade for 30 days and see how it works. If all goes smoothly, she will stay with me here!

Here is a picture of her, without her winter woollies! I will post pictures of her again once she arrives!

This is Sallie:

1202603341lmt5gtcujw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it works out for you,she's very pretty! A trade sounds like a win for you both. I dont ride alot but when I get the urge it's nice to be able to go
default_yes.gif

How I miss riding too!~

She's a very pretty horse. I'm sure it will all go well for everyone.

She looks like a nice mare. I miss riding too but I do have 3 riding horses(2 mine and one is my hubbys), will be so nice to ride again once my baby is born.
default_laugh.png
My riding horses are at my brothers farm this winter and are being quite spoiled by my nephew and niece. Lots of carrots, apples and pats. In the summer they are leased to a riding school and ridden 5 days a week. They have weekends off unless gone to a horseshow. The facilities are great and they have a indoor arena and are a 10 minute ride on horseback from my brothers farm. I can go ride them anytime I want there as long as it is after 12 on weekdays. They have lessons in the mornings.

A trade sounds like a wonderful idea. I am a huge fan of T/B's and the barn I ride at is full of them
default_smile.png
I love our minis but I can't imagine not being able to ride a few times a week!

I am not real sure just yet! LOL! They absolutely love my little gelding, but I am not so sure about the biggie! She is a 12 year old TB, but I was told she was super calm and easy going. She isn't! She is very tall (they said 15.3, but I think she is over 16!) and pretty jumpy. I know she is in a new place, and I am giving her time to calm down before I make any decisions, but she seems a little more lively than I was expecting her to be. She is definitely beautiful! I will post more pictures tonight!

Here are a few pictures from Sunday of her. She was having a ball in the snow, trotting the fence line with my 2 mins.

030.jpg

005-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

Here are two fatties watching her and looking for grass through the snow!

027.jpg

She looks awesome!
default_wub.png
That does sound like a great trade . It has been a long time when i rode on a horse , it has been 5 years

Our weather has been pretty crappy for the past couple of weeks, ever since I got her. But, on Sunday, it broke! I was so excited! It was 40 degrees here! And not much wind. I can't believe how wonderful 40 and no wind felt!

So, I decided to ride her! She is a very big girl, I was told 15.3, but she is more like 16.0 or 16.1. Tall thoroughbred girl. But, oh my, she is incredible in the saddle. I only ride Western, but I think she would be amazing to ride in English. She is trained for both. But, wow! I had so much fun. She listens like you wouldn't believe and she is so calm when saddled. I thought I might trade her back since she was so tall, but she has wormed her way into my heart.

She has been here for a 1 1/2 weeks, and she has really settled in. She is a dream to catch and walk into the stall with. For a big girl, she has wonderful ground manners. And, like I said, she is a fabulous ride.

Any way, she is a great horse, and I am definitely going to give her a much longer chance. I am beginning to fall for her.

I had the big horse bug and I think she might be the one I was looking for. I will find out more when it gets warmer again, but so far, it is looking good!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back