I'm Devastated!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowlersminis

Reaction score
I'm so devastated! I called to make an appt. with my vet yesterday and found out from his wife that he died of a heart attack (while working on a horse of all things) back in March. I only use a vet for emergencies and surgeries, so I haven't spoken to him for about a year. Thank goodness I didn't need him for an emergency this time! You know how hard it is to find a good vet...especially one who knows something about minis!

So...anyone on here from the Baltimore, MD area who could recommend someone? I'm trying to get references from people I know too, but most of them have big horses.

I'm so devastated! I called to make an appt. with my vet yesterday and found out from his wife that he died of a heart attack (while working on a horse of all things) back in March. I only use a vet for emergencies and surgeries, so I haven't spoken to him for about a year. Thank goodness I didn't need him for an emergency this time! You know how hard it is to find a good vet...especially one who knows something about minis!

So...anyone on here from the Baltimore, MD area who could recommend someone? I'm trying to get references from people I know too, but most of them have big horses.
I am not sure what area of Baltimore,MD you are in, but I have friends in the Bel Air and Whitemarsh area who have used a Dr.Bertozzi for many years and speak very highly of him.He has worked on Minis for many years.good luck finding a new vet.

Geez - when I read you were "devastated" I kind of thought you were upset he had passed without your knowledge, but it sounds more like he might have inconvenienced you.

Geez - when I read you were "devastated" I kind of thought you were upset he had passed without your knowledge, but it sounds more like he might have inconvenienced you.
I figured someone would have to say that after I re-read what I wrote. He was a very nice man and a great vet, and I'm sure he will be very missed by his family. Any end to life is sad. Don't automatically assume the worst of someone by a single post or a subject line! :arg! :arg!
default_frusty.gif
:frusty That's why for the most part I'm quiet on this forum. People are so accusing before they even know anything about a situation or a person.

I figured someone would have to say that after I re-read what I wrote. He was a very nice man and a great vet, and I'm sure he will be very missed by his family. Any end to life is sad. Don't automatically assume the worst of someone by a single post or a subject line!
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
frusty.gif
frusty.gif
That's why for the most part I'm quiet on this forum. People are so accusing before they even know anything about a situation or a person.

i agree!!

I'm in Harford County and use Dr. David Cullum. I don't know if he goes into Baltimore County or not. The woman I bought two of my girls from last year used Dr. Russ Jacobson. She lived in Kingsville too.

I belong to the Mason Dixon Miniature Horse Association and while there aren't many members from this area, there may be members who know of someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured someone would have to say that after I re-read what I wrote. He was a very nice man and a great vet, and I'm sure he will be very missed by his family. Any end to life is sad. Don't automatically assume the worst of someone by a single post or a subject line! :arg! :arg!
default_frusty.gif
:frusty That's why for the most part I'm quiet on this forum. People are so accusing before they even know anything about a situation or a person.
If you felt the same way when you re-read your post, why are you slamming me?

Was your vet Dr.John Hurtgen...He was a wonderful man...died of a heart attack in Mid February delivering a mare.

The Equine world and his family lost a very kind and talented man!

Latest posts

Back