I'm devastated and heartbroken

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyndiM

Reaction score
We were out last night and when we got home everything was just fine. A storm brewing but that was nothing new. Later in the night we had a severe thunder storm and rain. I have always left the barn doors open so the horses could come and go at will. They have always gone into the barn whenever the weather has been bad including just heat. But last night was the wrong night to do that.

I lost my sweet loving little stallion, Lil Guy and the little dummy filly, Stormy, to lightning and I've been too upset and sad to post until now. This stallion was a perfect miniature of a big horse. I know everyone says that, but I have had other breeders tell me he was. He was such a love bug he could be trusted with my grandchildren, he seemed to know they were only interested in petting, brushing or hugging on him, they have handled him and been around him since I brought him home at three months old. He would stand for hours and let those kids brush him or fool with his mane and tail. He has never been an unruly stud, he could even be a bit of a pain because when I was trying to clean his stall or work in his pasture he just wanted lovin. He was a true pocket pet.

The filly was at the barn door and my stallion was laying against the fence in his pasture. My husband said it looked to him as if the stallion was running when he got hit and rolled to that position. Stormy must not have gotten in the barn or the lightning struck through the door either way she is gone.

Stormy was coming along so nicely. She was a real love bug too. When I'd go to the barn she would come running to me like a little puppy. I am just stunned. My only consolation is they crossed the rainbow bridge together.

I'm so sorry to hear. It must have been devastating to you to find them like that! This weather has been reaking havoc on several states and many innocent animals/people have fallen victim to it. Many healing prayers your way!!!
default_no.gif

My riding gelding's parents were both killed one summer from lightening and he had to be weaned early.
default_no.gif

I am so very sorry! How sad to have lost them both.

I lost a full sized gelding, my best buddy ever a couple years ago to lightning. I know it's heartbreiking. Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss....

Oh Lord........I am so very sorry and sad for you.........
default_sad.png
Hard enough to lose your little filly, but your stallion too! You must be in total shock. I wish there were better words to let you know how much I'm feeling for you right now........

Oh I am so very sorry. Two little lives lost... How horribly sad for your family. I am sorry.

Oh you poor thing!! Thats terrible. And even in the barn lightening could have gotten them. There isnt a lot u could do.
default_no.gif

I am so sorry Cyndi. I don't even know what else to say. You and your family have my deepest condolences.

Oh Cyndi, I'm so very sorry! What a horrible thing to happen! I'm sorry you lost your little girl and your beloved boy. I wish there were something I could do. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif

Cyndi I cannot believe this happened to you. I feel just awful about it and I can only imagine what shock you are in. I know how proud you always were of your stallion and your precious little stormy.

Remember that Michaels beloved old quarter horse Classic Action was struck right in his stall from lightening ricocheting from a tree. It was horrible but after 6 days of all kinds of meds, he just could not rally and we had to put him down. Lightening is just so dangerous. I am so so so sorry.

I just told Dan and he also sends condolences and will be happy to see you again next month.
default_wub.png

Ciny, so sorry to hear about your loss. My loving thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Find strength in your memories .
default_no.gif

default_no.gif
I don't have any words of wisdom, only to say that I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope someday you will have comfort in the cherrished memories they have given you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Theresa

Latest posts

Back