I'm back!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
So i've finally gotten my new internet and phone hooked up. I moved to Berea kentucky a few weeks ago. All my critters are here and we are loving it. My neighbors are awesome. now i can't wait to meet other mini people!

Hillary- Its great to see you back!!! We miss you here in Maine. I really envy you - KENTUCKY!!!! Lucky you.

Julie

VictoryPassStable

Cumberland Maine

Hi Hillary,

Glad you and your critters made it to Kentucky safely.
default_saludando.gif

I'll be looking forward to your posts about your new adventures.

Cathy

Julie,

I live almost next door to owsley forks mini farm. i can see it across my neighbors huge field. Going to go over and check it out soon... just have to get it coordinated with the owner we've been playing phone tag! I love it here it's so gorgeous. I picked up my new mare and colt the other day as well as two new fillies for jen so i've had my hands full. jen's two are just a TEENY bit wild....LOL

Jen said sue needed me to get in touch with her.. do you have her e-mail addy? I can drop her a line now that i'm back intot he civilized world of phones and internet. LOL it really stunk because my cell phone didn't wrk here and it took tem FOREVER to hook up my land line and internet!

Hillary

Hi Hillary,

I just PM'd you about the shafts and how to get in touch with me.

That is so cool you live near Owsley Fork Farm. We LOVE our Owsley Fork horses, Belle & Rhett. They have the best personalities and temperments. In fact, we are going to see Susan Rudolph at the Rochester Fair in NH in a couple of weeks where she will bring a truck load of minis. It is always so tempting when we see her. Especially where it is her last fair of the season and she tends to really drops her prices. Susan is awesome to work with. She is very upfront, fair and turns the paperwork around asap.

Glad you are happy with your move.

Talk to you soon.

Sue

How far are you from Louisville , KY?? My sister in law and her family live there and it is beautiful!!

i'm about 2 hours from louisville. I lived there for a few years when i was in college and loved that area. Really wanted to be there but renting with horses and pets have to take what you can get... i DO like this place a lot though so we'll see how I like it over time and go from there.

Hillary,

Glad to hear you've settled in a bit. Sounds like a nice area.

You had asked about training our 2 yr old to drive next year, won't that be kind of a long commute? LOL

How are we all supposed to get by at our shows with out you to brighten our day with your stories of your adventures?

Hoping everything goes well for you in KY!
default_saludando.gif

Mark

lol mark.. well i didn't know at the time i was moving..LOL you can still send him down
default_smile.png
I think jen will be coming down for some show's so could bring him down and take him back home
default_smile.png

The bonus to living here is there are TONS of show's within a 4 hour radius. I can also do 3 show's by the beginning of may and be qualified for nationals..woohoo! lol

Tracy sent link down with me until nationals! so it wouldn't be unheard of..LOL

hehe i was telling sue about my latest story lets just say it was pretty much the same incident as her's! lol lets just say paige wire fencing and carts do NOT make a good combination and add a little speed with it and it's a recipee for a human catapault! LOL

Hilliary I am sooooo envious that you have made your move. I would give my eye teeth to be south of here before another winter but it doesnt look like its going to happen for me just dont rub it in too hard when you are still in the 40's and we are below zero OK? Hope you have a wonderful time there and everything works out. But as all us Mainers have said you will be missed.

Nita

Hillary-

I see Sue already PM'd you , so you are all set there. Sue is right about Susan Rudolph, she is a very nice lady and great to deal with. Her horses have the best temperments and love to drive! She is a great neighbor to have
default_smile.png

Like Backwoodsnanny said, we Mainers dont want to hear you brag about the NICE warm winter while we are here freezing!!! LOL Maybe Jen and I will jump on board with Jen and head your way for some early showing! That would be way cool

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Cathy, Jen, Julie, Nita,

You are all welcome to come down anytime. I have a spare room. You'd only have to put up with the dogs (who would like to kick anyone out of bed if they had a say in it..lol course that's what doors are for!).

my luck this winter will be the coldest winter in history or something just because i'm glad to be out of the harsh climate! Berea is really neat. it's the 'crafts/art capitol of kentucky" and they have all sorts of neats arts and crafty things.

I've been having a blast checking things out. My dad came for a few weeks to get stuff started for building carts and we've been doing all kinds of stuff..LOL he's headed o nationals with me then going back to NM from there. it's been a lot of fun having him.

Hillary,

Enough looking at crafts you've got to get moving. The show in Springfield is Monday Sept 1st.

Remember the show in Springfield is only a few minutes from Lowell????????

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
mark i had no idea springfield was a show again this year. i didn't see it listed on any of the MMHC show scheduals or anything. I'm completely jealous. i love springfield! especially since they have good paybacks !!

karla,

who know' s I might do the NY show's still. It's 10 hours from here just like it's 10 hours from Maine! LOL

Latest posts

Back