I'm Baaaack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's been a long time. Just thought I would drop by to say hi. After almost 60 years of owning horses (the last 30 with miniatures), I finally sold the last of them last fall. I'll be 70 soon, more aches and pains than I care to admit (all caused by horses of course), and it was time. I still have the "farm", barn, pastures and paddocks, but the only reason I miss the horses is that I now have a lot more grass by the buildings that has to be mowed. LOL Hoping all of you are doing well!!

We’ve never met, but I do recognize your name and certainly remember your beautiful horses over the years via horse shows, Miniature magazine, and your website.

It sounds like we are in the same age bracket so I understand!

All the best as you continue a new chapter!

Im so glad you are back! All those years of experience…we NEED you and others like you!

You don’t miss any of the horses? Not even that one special little one?? 😍😍

Im so glad you are back! All those years of experience…we NEED you and others like you!

You don’t miss any of the horses? Not even that one special little one?? 😍😍
Honestly, no. I stopped showing a few years earlier. And what people need to understand - I grew up on a farm where each animal HAD to support itself. If it became a liability, it had to go. Back in the early years of quarter horses, I was a barrel racer, so it was for the sport. After wrecking my knees, I got into the minis, but it was not an emotional decision. Emotion is what gets so many people in financial trouble. I had good horses, but gave away (to excellent homes) the last six horses that I had. I had to stop the financial hemorrhage.

Welcome back Jean, Glad to hear you are enjoying life without the horses. So many memories you have to cherish forever , hope you get on top of the mowing soon :)

Back