Ike Got us after all

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westwood Farms

Reaction score
I got a call today, another group of people went to check my place, and they were counting heads. I told them to look for my daughters Quarter horse, Grace. She did not come up to eat. Well, they found her, under trees. I am devastated, and I cannot tell her, especially since we are displaced. So, for now, I just cry to myself. Savannah will be crushed. She adored her horse, and Grace adored her. She was the best horse.

So, You are now with my nugget my friend Grace

In Memory of Nugget 1982-June 2008( my best friend we lost due to age this summer) and an Ike Victim Grace 2000-2008 my daughters best friend....

So very sorry to hear you lost one.
default_sad.png

Was everybody else okay ?

I am so sorry - My heart is breaking for you and your daughter.

I'm so sorry...gosh, I can't imagine what you all are going through down there...my prayers are with you...when do they think you will be able to go back home?

Sending prayers....so sorry for your daughter.

Sending prayers. I am so sorry for your daughter's loss. That is just heart breaking.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Grace. My heart goes out to your daughter and your family. Prayers coming your way for strength to get through this terrible time. God bless your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh you poor thing and little Savannah. Tell her Grace went to get her wings and went to a special stable in heaven. Tell her we all happen to know the boy that runs the barns there and she'll get great care daily because we've got connections. And whenever she feels a light breeze across her face, that will be Grace visiting her, and watching her grow.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Please give Savannah some extra hugs from all of us this will be so hard on her.

Oh Alicia! I'm SO very sorry about Savannah's sweet girl! How devastating!
default_crybaby.gif

Oh, I am so sorry! What a heartbreak after thinking everyone was ok especially.

My condolences to you and your daughter. Hopefully you can go home soon. Maybe you could do a small memorial for Grace when you get home.

Oh........I'm so sad for you AND your daughter.......Blessings be with you........

Marty that was beautiful
default_crybaby.gif

I am so unbelievably sorry for your loss
default_pray.gif

oh you poor thing and little Savannah. Tell her Grace went to get her wings and went to a special stable in heaven. Tell her we all happen to know the boy that runs the barns there and she'll get great care daily because we've got connections. And whenever she feels a light breeze across her face, that will be Grace visiting her, and watching her grow.

[SIZE=12pt] Rainbow Bridge[/SIZE]

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*

I am so sorry to hear that - so SAD! Bless you all!

That was beautiful Marty!

Am sorry you lost Grace and I know how hard it is to loose a long time friend.

Am glad though... to hear you and others on this forum came through it ok. Seen the pictures on the news... what a truely scary storm you all have had to go through. My heart goes out to you all.

Latest posts

Back