If you would like to see a foal being born

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing! I had been watching this little one for weeks!
default_new_shocked.gif
and missed it when I went to the other room for a few minutes
default_wacko.png
. Love it
default_wub.png
:wub She did a wonderful job
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Beautiful little filly
default_yes.gif

I'm the proud "grandmother"!

- Sadie is my Heart Horse. To know her is to love her. She LOVES people and (as Heather Troglauer says) Sadie MAKES you love her. (her equine social skills have much to be desired but we'll let that slide since she is such a people-lover!) AND Sadie LOVES babies! She's a great mom & so sweet to her little one.

Last year was a sad year for Sadie. She had a lovely pinto colt born at 308 days. He was considered "premature" by his size and development and was not born alive. The vet felt it very unlikely that the same thing would happen this year, especially since she had 2 live, healthy fillies in previous years.

Sadie (and Heather & Shannon at Mulligans Run Farm all seemed so calm and relaxed this year - ME?! I was a bundle of nerves! The care Sadie receives at MRF is out of this world and although it may be nice to see the baby born "in person" I am perfectly content to leave the baby-birthing to the experts, and watch the whole thing on live video feed.

Thank you to ALL who shared in watching this little one enter this world - and for the many sleepless nights we all had watching Sadie and thinking THIS will be the night....

photoSUSIE.jpg

Welcome to this world Frost Hill Silent Sephora - aka SUSIE (Named in memory of a dear friend named Nancy who passed away a bit ago. The love of Nancy's life was her daughter, Susie, so I felt it quite fitting)

Karen :eek:)

Thank you so much for sharing!! And congrats on a beautiful, healthy filly.
default_aktion033.gif

Sadie is such a special mare and I'm so happy for Karen and Sadie! What a beautiful, precious filly Susie is. Sadie kept us all waiting but it was worth the wait!
default_wub.png

Becca

so cute!! Hope to have some foals in the next several weeks. The first two I had they had them on their own. I am hoping to watch these girls have thiers. Did the afterbirth come out on its own or did you help it come out? also I know they say you should feel the presentation of the foal. Since I am new what happens when they are in the wrong position. Since I have never helped deliver a foal like to know what to do. I was very fortunate that the first two girls didn' tneed any help and pray that the girls that are expecting want need my help but would love some advise just in case.

thanks for a great video!

Latest posts

Back