If you had to.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
Get ride of all your horses but one, what one would you keep, and why? show pictures:)

Thanks!

-Gage-

I hope that would never happen. But if it did, I would keep my first mini Snip. She's in my avatar. I love her personality and we just "click" together.

I would get rid of the hubby before I would her!!
biggrin.gif

Lee

There is just no way I could pick just one........I just wouldn't beable to do it
unsure.gif
no.gif

new_shocked.gif
That is a nightmare, having to choose one. But if I were being totally selfish and not worrying about the others that are loved here, for me only, it would have to be my man "Smokey". I love him. I know what he is thinking and can usually get thru to him what I want from him. I love to watch this horse run, he can really show it up.
wub.gif

f2c4ed48.jpg

His son Pistol is becoming a solid second for me. He reminds me alot of his Dad and we have lots of plans for him in the years ahead.

f431fac9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at my Avatar.
yes.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
He was badly abused by a previous owner.
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
I bought him from the lady that saved him from his terrible life. She had him for over a year and did all the right things with him,
yes.gif
but he just didn't trust and could easily have injured someone.
unsure.gif
wacko.gif

I picked him up at Nationals and we clicked right away.
wub.gif
wub.gif
He will at least try to do what I ask of him. 4 months after getting him home he competed in his first ever show. It was an A show and he competed in halter, driving, and hunter.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
At his second show he also competed in halter obstacle and driving obstacle. Ok, ok, he was also in liberty (just to help a friend get the extra point) and he did beautifully until it came time to catch him.
ohmy.gif
unsure.gif
yeah right.
wacko.gif
we still have a problem with that every once in awhile.
rolleyes.gif

I would give that horse a kidney if he needed it.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Robin

I would have to keep Mulita (Falabella) that is 24 years old and I am the only person that has ever been able to get near her...
wacko.gif
No way could I have her try to start over somewhere else... Her sire (napoleon) lived to be in his 40's..

I couldn't pick just one!! Or two!....heck, even 10! I love all my guys. The two I'm showing right now are very bonded with me but I love all of them and come foaling season my mares are the "special ones". Just can't pick, sorry
no.gif

Boy, that sure is not an easy question. If I had to choose just one whether one of my full size horses or minis I would have to keep Shari, my 29 year old (soon to be 30) arabian rescue because the day she arrived off the trailer and I looked into those wise and intelligent eyes I made her a promise this was her "forever" home and will live out the remainder of her days, no matter how short, in a loving, warm and caring home. Now if was only my minis I would have to choose from well it would have to be "Storm", my very first mini and a pet. He isn't the prettiest or the best conformed of my minis BUT he is my true "buddy", what I usually call him when I go get him in the pasture in the evening and he walks right at my side, glued to me, until we get to the barn. He is super "kissy face" and he is a real clown too.

Well so far this little guy is my one and only
wub.gif
!

370936272wcjwph_ph.jpg

I actually have thought about this alot you never know when something is going to happen.......the bad part is I have 3 I really couldn't part with.......one of those maybe could go....but there is no way I could ever get rid of buffy or sterling they are my children.......
wub.gif
wub.gif

I don't think I could only keep on, I would have to keep both of my boys. Dealer trusts me more then anyone can imagine, and this is pretty big for this horse, and Peanut is the same way, although both are my best friends, and I can't imagine not seeing their smiling faces, or not hearing their whinnies when I yell ROLL CALL.
wub.gif
wink.gif

Well, I'm going through this right now. I've gotten my self hurt again.

The stallion won, I lost big time. This time I quit.

A dear lady (who will remain nameless unless she wishes to come forward) has insisted on taking several of my kids. A total of 4.
new_shocked.gif
1/2 my herd.

She is buying our lovely Rose, taking my old gal Keesha and her colt just to have a winter vacation, Casey is still for sale but he'll be located in Va, and the bad boy himself will learn some manners and not hurt me any more.

I couldn't possibly give up my Thera, Treasure and Miss Halley. They stay. I'll have time to re-arrange the sleep routine. I have a huge 15x32 runin that they'll (my 3 remaining) use for nite time, I've got wire stretched across the outside to protect them from bears and coyotes so I will not have to clean stalls, jus the runin. Going to be very different and a heartbreaker.

I love all my kids, even my bad boy. Thank God, there are angels on earth. This lady is one for sure.
wub.gif
I told Keesha she was going for a holiday in a nice warmer not so yukky winter time place and hope she'll understand and know she'll come home in the spring.

Sigh, so many are having hard times this year. Hopefully I can recover my body's soundness to some degree and still have some minis to love in the end.

Thank you good fairy person.
wub.gif

Robin1 said:
I would give that horse a kidney if he needed it.
yes.gif

yes.gif

yes.gif

450836[/snapback]

And I believe she would.

I would take him if she ever wanted to get rid of him. :)

My two Favorite horses are midnight & julie... julie was my QH, & we were her forever home!
wub.gif
but she deid Dec. 22, 2002 at 39(+ 8/12)yrs. old..now i have midnight, my other baby
wub.gif
he does tricks & drives & trusts me, he used to be in his stall mast of the time w/ a halter.. but now just by voice & hand movement we can go for walks ever where with him w/out a halter or lead, just lose. I'll post pic 2morrow
wub.gif

That situation would be a total nightmare and I'd probably truly have a nervous breakdown, but if it came to it, the answer would be Derby. He has so much heart...

Derby-WCMHR-Hunter.jpg

If I could only keep one it would be my black leopard stallion, but I would have him gelded. He and I have a bond, he is the perfect mix of laid back & yet spunky too. I just love his personality and temperament, and of course who wouldn't love his color!
biggrin.gif

Chips.rt.8-6-03.jpg

Chips.gallop.sm.jpg

If I had to pick a second horse, it would be much harder, because I love all my mares too, and it would be hard to pick just one of them.

Latest posts

Back