If you had to pick just one...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had the opportunity to choose between four horses with identical conformation, personality, m

• Solid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinto

• Appaloosa

• Pintaloosa

• Total voters

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's favorite is, conformation and other factors not withstanding...

We're fond of solids here, but then we started out with Quarter Horses back when they had to be solid.

I'm a solid color horse person. I usually prefer solid color but am partial to face white. I do like some loud pintos but I normally prefer solid colors (cream dilutes, silver dilutes and dun factor in particular).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh this is hard - I prefer solid but a nicely marked pinto is a close second!
default_smile.png

I really like a solid horse with chrome. White on the face and I really love it when they have some white on their noses. Socks are very pretty too.

Of course I voted for pinto, because we raise Pintos! Not at all for wild colors, but so they can be registered with PtHA because we really enjoy their horse shows! After all, one of our pintos looks like a solid gray. We really enjoy showing where the "big boys" show, as we feel it helps to promote the breed and expand the market for any foals we might be lucky enough to produce.

I'm the only pintaloosa vote so far. I like variety
default_biggrin.png

Give me a black and white pinto.

But God keeps blessing me with silver dapples.

I love pintos. Black, Bay or Chestnut. Something with a lot of flash. However, I have an appy 2 appy bred solids and a solid. IMO it is more the horse than the color.

I love color and have a special spot for appys!
default_biggrin.png
But I'm working on one of every color for my herd. So far, so good! :DOH! Sorrel, buckskin, pinto, black, silver dapple, appy, palomino.
default_smile.png

I like it that you specified that everything ELSE would be equal, because I would not make a choice based only on color/pattern!

I voted pinto, because I AM partial to painted horses, IF they have a pleasing pattern(I don't care for mostly white,or those with pink skin around the eyes, for instance-and I want one whose 'shape perception' is not adversely affected by where pattern may 'break'--this can be quite tricky, actually, and can be true to some extent of ANY spotting pattern, IMO). Add me also to those who've said they like solid w/ chrome(again, though, I REALLY don't want pink skin around the eyes, so a nice wide blaze, sabino bald face, etc., would probably suit me just fine---IF all the other aspects were in place! (Should add, in these times, though, that I would NOT EVEN CONSIDER having the skin around the eye 'tattooed', for ANY reason...)

Margo

I'm a Pinto person, I just love how there doesn't really seem to be any two Pinto's that look exaclty alike! What can I say, I love how they all stand out in their own ways!
default_wink.png

Solid color please...oooohhh but please make sure we have four white socks and white on the face please!! I think that sometimes pinto patterns give optical illusions to the eye and can make a nice horse look not so great and vice versa. If it is going to be pinto, please be a frame overo or minimally marked tobi!!

Dream horse.....bay or silver bay (very rich shade) with 4 whites a blaze and blue eyes!!

Add me to the pinto group - red and white to be exact.

I like the blue eyes - but must have black eye liner.

And I'm with Margo on the pattern placement.

And like 'cowgurl up' says.......they just aren't any

two that seem exactly the same......

I agree, Margo! I like solids with chrome, but I don't like pink around the eyes either. I can overlook it for the right horse, but if I had my "druthers," LOL...

I'm surprised to see pintos and solids are pretty much neck and neck! Edited to add: Oops, never mind, some people voted while I was typing and the vote definitely has pinto in the lead!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back