If you had to pick just one...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had the opportunity to choose between four horses with identical conformation, personality, m

• Solid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinto

• Appaloosa

• Pintaloosa

• Total voters
SOLIDS
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
and preferably some shade of bay
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Favorite is appy.
default_yes.gif
A really nicely marked pintaloosa may be second. I like pintos, and both my big horses are pintos, and I have several solids too that I love the look of. I think I'm like Keri and like to have a lot of variety, lol!
default_smile.png

I like them all!!
default_yes.gif
You needed an (all) button. :DOH! But how ever I picked solid as I have done better in shows with them!
default_smile.png

Joyce

Appy is definitely on the top of the list followed by pintaloosa, then pinto and solid w/chrome on the bottom
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted solid. Solid, NO WHITE whatsoever.

I do have one pinto, might or might not get one more & then that is enough pintos for me.

I also have one appy, and that is enough.

I much prefer the solids, absolutely don't want white legs and no white on the face. Other people will look at a white faced horse & say how sharp that white marking is, and I look at the same horse and say that it would have a pretty head if only it didn't have that white marking to ruin it!!

I voted pintaloosa and would love a buckskin pintaloosa that was homozygous for pinto
default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Solids, Solids, Solids
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

But I do love white -stars, stripes, snips, blazes, socks, stockings, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid like Buckskin or Solid with Chrome etleast one leg and face marking
default_wub.png

I'm an appaloosa lover! Comes from raising big appaloosas for years. But, then, I also like buckskins!

Hard question because there are some pinto color/patterns I would choose over some solid colors, But some solid colors I would choose over some pinto color/patterns.

I don't like appys or pintaloosas.

I have always favored solids, but my mini's I have pintos and would love a appy. I just love the colorful ones. I guess they're easier to clean than a big horse.

I voted solid.

My favorite pintos tend to be minimal, with socks and blazes.

I like an appaloosa with a very distinct blanket and large spots, but am not a fan of the speckled skin/roany look and sparse manes and tails.

Often a pinto pattern is distracting to me even on a perfectly conformed horse.

My dream miniature would be dark, red liver chestnut with a blonde-ish red mane and tail, blaze and four stockings.

Liz

Liz~Sounds like our horse is VERY similar!! LOL I am hoping to breed my mare to a solid red or bay stallion with white on the face because she ALWAYS throws white legs!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

You silly.... betcha cant guess what I picked!! LOL

Fun poll!

I am a solid person, Chrome is alright on the legs, but I do not like much white on the face, and especially around the neck. The one reason why I do not like pintos is the white around the neck. With white on the neck or a lot on the face can give an optical illusion and makes it harder to really see the lenght of neck or shape of head.

Latest posts

Back