IF YOU COULD BE PRESIDENT.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
If you could be president what would you do?

I'd like to run and here's why:

I can work on a very tight budget when I have to.

I totally can. I have been in debt years ago twice and was able to get

us out of the hole twice in record time, save our credit rating, and pay

all our debts and never declare a bankrupcy or take handouts.

You put my butt up there in that White House and the first

thing I will do is get rid of the people that spend $100. on fancy toilet seats

and hate to say this, but a $30,000 Christmas tree in every dang room is

just not necessary. I can entertain the big important people with some down

home bar b que and not have to waste tax payers money on fine china and

servants. It will be a serve yourself buffet and I can wash the dishes myself.

I won't have to pay Celine Dion the

big bucks to come and entertain when I know I can get the Beach Boys

for a whole lot cheaper. Plus I have plenty of friends that would volunteer to

come and play a little pickin and grinning music for FREE. I also know plenty of

people where I can get fancy soaps from for the bathroom too! LOL. I'd rent out

some of the rooms in the White House that would not be needed to rich guys for a

handsome sum and put that money into schools to bring back programs that have

been deleted in many such as the arts, and music.

And with the rest of the money we save, we'll have plenty left so that everyone can

get FREE HEALTH CARE in this county.

I also am a 60's hippie and I DO NOT DO WAR!

As the saying goes "WAR IS NOT HEALTHY FOR CHILDREN

AND OTHER LIVING THINGS"

so I can get that crap over there stopped fast and bring our boys

back home. I am for peace, peace, peace, and I am very good at

mediating. As John Lennon said "Give Peace a Chance"

As for the gas, well I would fix that one up in a dandy. We would all

go to the auctions and start rescuing a whole bunch of horses. Feed 'em

up real good, vet them bring them back to tip top shape and put the country

back on horseback. No more wrecks on major highways and breaking the

speed limit. For those that don't ride, you can drive your minis. Imagine

how this would drive the cost of gas down to pennies and drive the cost'

of good horseflesh back up to very competitive prices. Our horse market

will have then be saved, plus the farmers will be back in business since so many people will need to

buy much more feed and grains to feed their animals, and also we will be helping with pollution at the same time.

As for the killers we have on the planet murdering other innocent people: I would

not spend tax payers money buying murderers TV's and computers, and have them

live off your hard earned money. There would be no more of this plea bargin BS. You kill someone on purpose and you are out of here. You don't just get off with a slap on the hand, do a couple of years and get back out on the street no way no how. Do you realize we PAY our murdering prisoners a wage???

Instead, I would invest in an island in the middle of no where. I would have all murders go there and be dropped off by helicopter. They would have to live off the land, drink coconut milk and fish, and hunt to survive and whathaveyou and just live there far away from society and let the chips fall where they may.

I've got plenty of other ideas too.

VOTE FOR ME

So if you could be president, what would you do?

I really like your island idea Marty.
default_aktion033.gif

If I could be president, I wouldn't be!!! Doesn't pay nearly enough for the intense pressure.

BUT, if I had to be, I would do what I could to make the The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 effective "permanently" and beyond the end of 2010 when it will sunset unless steps are taken to keep it in effect.

I'm completely opposed to "free" health care in our country. Almost all medical break throughs have happened thanks to the promise of great financial profit. Countries with socialized medical systems are not acheiving medical break throughs (why would they??? it takes millions and millions to come up with a small break though and if there will be no profit as a result.......)

I like being able to choose the doctors I want to see. I doubt enough fat would be cut from the spending to cover the cost of health care and who do you think would fill in the gaps? Businesses and those who work their butts off to earn a good living. We already pay WAY more than our share thanks to the progressive tax system, where the more successful you are, the higher percentage of your income you give away to help those who are less successful.

A client sent me this and it is pretty much how I feel:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bar Stool Economics

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay $12. The ninth would pay $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59. So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until on day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20."Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay. And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings). The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings). The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings). The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings). The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings). The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings. "I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!" "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!" "That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!" "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In our Nation, the top 25% of tax payers pay for 84% of the total Federal Tax burden. If your family's adjust gross income is around $58,000/year, YOU are in the top 25%. How does it feel to be paying most of the taxes? And how much more would have to be paid to provide "free" health care? And who knows what it will take to cover the other social programs that Democrats known to support?

hardchoice.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Marty! You got my vote.

The free health care sounds good to me.

The way to fund the health care is to stop the wasteful spending. Has anyone ever heard what the government is charged for stuff? For instance I saw an investigation on TV last year where the government bought hammers at $250 each, pliers $185, screwdrivers $150. You know they buy a lot of stuff, not just tools that costs many times what the same thing would cost at Sears or Wal Mart. Heck, just send someone to a store to buy the tools instead of taking bids and then going through months of paperwork etc. just to get shafted. The time and paperwork saved would add up to many times the cost of the item. I am not saying for everything but for stuff that anybody can buy.

The idea of an island sounds good to me too. Actually, I think the gang bangers that spend their lives robbing and beating up people need to go to one too.

I also would try to make the 3 strikes law be nationwide. If you get arrested 3 times, you will serve your entire sentence with no possibility of parole for habitual criminals. I would say lock them up for life but then we would just be taking care of them. Televisions, computers, video games, etc. should be banned from prisons. Put their butts to work digging ditches, building or repairing roads, or one of the other many things that we now as taxpayers are paying through the nose for. I also don't believe in paying them while they are locked up. Make it a punishment, not a vacation.

The idea of horse transportation being returned sounds good to me too but it sure would take me a long time to get back and forth to work!

Another way to save money in the government is to stop the pork barrel politics and stop letting the government pay for new golf courses and other projects that only benefit a few.

I wouldn't want to be president because I don't think I would want the constant spotlight but hey Marty, I'll be your running mate!

Mary

When I could be President first thing I would do to get rid of congress.

After that I would call Jill for Vice and we go from there.

Anita

One of the first things I would do is to STOP sending jobs overseas!! Put big taxes on importing goods to give the American companies and the 'little guys' a real chance. Make the term 'Made in U.S.A.' MEAN something!

Health care would certainly be addressed and would NOT be run by the INSURANCE companies!! The billions of dollars spent on illegals here per YEAR could certainly help feed and care for our own weak, elderly, hungry folks.

No more 'Let's Make A Deal' in any courtroom for ANY crime. If you are guilty, too bad. And I also don't agree with supporting someone for life for murderers... cripes we are still taking care of Charles Manson and his 'Family'! He gets room, board, medical and dental. Shoot, nobody I know who works for a living gets all that! No libraries, music rooms and TV. I think bringing back the rock piles to break or something of that nature is much more fitting (unless you have purposely murdered someone- then as Marty said- you are outta here)

Better enforcement for animal cruelty and neglect and better laws to help enforce it. Also better facilities for elderly people, regardless of income, that need assisted living...

I would stop giving out grants for crap like 'seeing how long a fish can live in alcohol and the results of that'. Cripes, I dont need a government grant for that! I can tell you for free - about 30 seconds and the end results is dead!

I would also quit cutting the school budgets and give BACK all the programs that have been taken away from our youth! This can also include our Parks & Recreation budgets (which are being cut HORRIBLY here- I dont know how any are staying open at all).

That's just for starters during my first week in office... I am sure that by digging through paperwork, there would be TONS of ridiculous things being cancelled and the money put where it SHOULD be!

I really dout I could ever get elected as anything as I have a very black and white veiw of most things. its either right or wrong. but here goes.... first Id create a flat tax system. everyone pays in at the same rate. most of the IRS can go too. we only need the tax collectors. this is only a small part of the IRS and the rest will have to find other jobs. the legal system would be the next to be revamped. there would be no more judges cutting some people some slack, no more plea bargains [ no more bargains at all.] and no more technicalitys for defence lawyers to get there clients off on. once convicted of murder the judge would turn to his book of manditory sentances, flip to the murder page, [ notice I didnt say chapter] and find the words " an eye for an eye"! and then he could send one of those out of work IRS agents out to dig a hole. Then Id make shure that those that make things "in this country" would get first crack at filling all government contracts. as far as the schools go Id stop trying to force them to teach so many differant things in school that they dont have time to teach the basics. Id give cash incentives to those schools that perform well and thats also is an incentive to get rid of those that dont do well. and Id make parents responsible for what there kids do . till there 18 its your responsibility! if little jonny cant get to school then you need to take off of work and bring him there your self. Ive threatened my own kids with this and they were afraid enough that I would that they streightened up . I would make collage available to all teens that want an education. I would make millatiry service manditory. I would have all graduating seniors do 6 months in training and at the end I would present them with a certificate good for a 2yr collage degree at the school of there choice. and lastly Id stop sending our money to suport other countrys. buying friends doesnt work! OK theres enough reasons I couldnt get elected!

Latest posts

Back