Ideas please...how to avoid extreme.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solupe

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was woundering if any of you have solutions to keep your back and everything else from hurting when one takes cares of the little devils...specially when one has to do their feet...

Does anyone have a ramp they made or lift or something else to place the horse one so that one does not have to bend over sooooooo much.....

Pictures of the gadgets, please I need insparation ....my back is gving up.....

We use a mechanics stool with the roll around wheels to save our backs when clipping in low places and trimming hooves. A friend gave it to us as a gift and it has really helped. Know how you feel when grooming these guys.
yes.gif
Mary

solupe said:
Hi there,I was woundering if any of you have solutions to keep your back and everything else from hurting when one takes cares of the little devils...specially when one has to do their feet...

Does anyone have a ramp they made or lift or something else to place the horse one so that one does not have to bend over sooooooo much.....

Pictures of the gadgets, please I need insparation ....my back is gving up.....

469704[/snapback]

I sit on a milk crate turned upside down or on end that I got from the grocery store. Also I have used a bucket turned upside down. Both get you down where you need to be for trimming on minis and it does help save the back. I have also requested the hoof stand that they call the "Hoof Jack" for Christmas from my family.
yes.gif
So hopefully they will listen and I already know what I'm getting for Christmas
yes.gif
I'd even take it as an early Christmas gift - lol

The farrier I've been using wears sheetrockers knee pads. He sits on the ground while doing the minis. He is pretty small himself and pretty agile if he needs to move quickly.

All of those things work as long as the horse doesn't decide to jump on top of you. I sit on a stool or on the ground sometimes if I have to trim feet - but only on horses I really trust, and even then with a wary eye LOL. I had a very close call this summer with a young horse, was bent over clipping down his leg and in a heartbeat he struck out, just once with one hoof......and grazed my forehead! No injury but it was a wake up call for me to be more careful.

I'm sure open to suggestions too - never had back problems till minis. My farrier wears a back brace.

Jan

Latest posts

Back