Ideas for where to get "fancy" nylon halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candi

Reaction score
Looking to find either new/used a place to get some "fancy" nylon mini/pony halters...

Something that's affordable that has fancy stitching, ribbons, beads, etc.

Anyone know where to get them? I'm NOT crafty enough to make my own ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We make custom and blingy/fancy halters. We do miniature to draft sizes. Our website is not set up as a store yet but I'm hoping to get it up over the weekend. Www.ltdeditionbling.webs.com, will be just www.ltdeditionbling.com within the next couple days when I set up the domain. There is a contact page if your intereted in anything :)

I am also looking to replace wore out, ill-fitting, boring color halters. I am having NO LUCK. I have been shopping ebay and tack stores on line. I do not want to pay more than $8-$15 dollars for a nylon barn halter. But, I want it to fit. No baggy noses. I love Valhoma and Hamilton but the ones I have need replaced. Right now I have a stallion wearing pink and a filly wearing blue.
default_no.gif
I would pay a little more for some fancy designs or at least bright colors that also fit well. But not $30. The local feed store had some Valhoma in traditional blue, red, burgundy a couple of years ago but the demand was so low they quit stocking them. Poor horsies.
default_sad.png

i bought mine here in Maine at a local feed store...called "Blue Seal" They have an online website where they might have halters. This is the one I bought. Here is a website I just found....I would check it out! fancy halters

2944b5j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CMHR has some really nice ones on their site and you help rescue minis at the same time!!

CMHR has some really nice ones on their site and you help rescue minis at the same time!!
The ones that CMHR have are from Red Haute Horse. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but it is for a good cause. Here's one, being modeled by Blondie:

horsiepics007.jpg

I have to say that normally I wouldn't spend $30 on a mini halter but Oh My Gosh those halters are cute. Hey can CMHR get in any style from redhautehorse? I really like the neon skulls one and if I could get it from CMHR I'd rather do that. Talk about a great gift for friends with minis!

Anyone know the vendor that sets up right outside the "main" door to the arena at Worlds? It's the door right by where AMHA sets up, not the door by the harness/cart vendor. They had some really neat halters that are typical nylon, but then they put pretty adornments on the noseband and cheeks. I got a really pretty one that is purple with a gold and silver design on it. It was GREAT for liberty! They may still have some that might be of interest.

I have to say that normally I wouldn't spend $30 on a mini halter but Oh My Gosh those halters are cute. Hey can CMHR get in any style from redhautehorse? I really like the neon skulls one and if I could get it from CMHR I'd rather do that. Talk about a great gift for friends with minis!
Yes we can get any style or design for you. Right now it is too late for us to get one of that design until after Christmas. Due to space on the web page we can't list all their designs. If anyone would like the total list of designs I can e-mail them to you. [email protected]

These halters are very well made and seem to last forever. If they get dirty put them in a pillow case and then in the washer. Do not dry in dryer but lay them out to dry. They look like new.

I used to pay 14.00 to 15.00 for my halters. After a few months they seem to look ratty. I've still got them and barely use them now. My halter I purchased over a year ago and have washed it 4 times looks brand new. All my horses have the halters from our store. They are great!

Latest posts

Back