Ideas for Show Outfits?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceyHorse

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of trying to buy some jackets for showing but I am lacking in ideas and funds :no: So I was wondering if anyone could help me with some suggestions or maybe some photos of what you all are wearing in the show ring. That would be a great help, Thanks!

I like to wear black pants, black (Ariat) boots, a black tank top (not the ribbed kind) and a tailored type jacket. Most of my jackets came from eBay, a lot as skirt suits, and I wear them to the office and to horse shows. Not many of them cost more than $30 including shipping. I've got tons of jackets, but very few pictures of them... Here are the ones I could dig up:

Jacket%202007%20VMHC.JPG

DESTINY%20--%202006%20Lexington%20KY%20Show%20--%20095.jpg

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20May%2010,%202004%20001.jpg

WCMHR%202004%20Show%20020%20DERBY.jpg

Go to your nearest Good Will store. For under $5.00, you can find some nice jackets and shirts or tops.

After you have made your selection, you could do a little customizing with iron on embroidery strips, or now they even have iron on "bling". For a very small amount, you could have your own one of a kind design and show outfit! I personally think this is the way to go for show jackets and etc., because if you're like everyone else I know, they end up globbed up with baby oil, hoof black, and anything else your horse can rub on you. When you've paid such a small outfit for a jacket, you don't feel nearly as bad!

Jill you look great! Yeah thats some great advice thanks. I've found a couple of plain jackets which I can use I'm just not too sure what to put on them, I don't want to go to over board! :bgrin

Hey Anna

Try the Clothing section of Trade Me - there's some great bargains to be had.

Also, not sure where in the country you are, but up the top end there are some huge 2nd hand clothing stores called Save Mart. I have bought a number of jackets and skirts (for driving) from them including this one. The jacket & slinky came from Save Mart, the skirt & hat from Trade Me. We won Hi Point Harness Turnout this year wearing these:

tbdriving1.jpg

You don't have to spend megabucks, you just have to look around and find the stuff that suits you and compliments your horse. :bgrin
default_yes.gif
:

ETA Gloves came from $2 Shop!! Awesome light stretch gloves, much easier to use than leather!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellant, yes I love trademe. Save Mart sounds great I'll definatley have to check it out. Is it in Auckland? You look so elegant I would have thought you must have spent and hundreds and hundreds on your outfit. I guess its a matter of knowing where to look and what to look for.
default_smile.png

There's Save Mart stores in Clendon (Manurewa), New Lynn, Northcote and Onehunga. They have masses of clothing, and most of it is quite good.

Back