i'd like you to meet bentley

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i've been thinking about a third great dane and was really figuring on doing some fostering. well, that just isn't gonna happen. meet bentley. he came home yesterday and he is here to stay!

he's 4, returned from his previous adoptive home because he was a fence jumper. apparently, they put him outside alone and left him for hours on end. it'll be a while before he can be off leash here but once i get him trained to the underground fence and he bonds with us and knows his boundaries, i don't see a problem. i put a 30' nylon rope on his collar so i can grab if he bolts but he is sticking right with us when we are outside.

he's very affectionate and like ashley and pea, LOVES to cuddle.

here he is and here he'll stay...

3dogs.jpg

AshleyBentleyfuton1.jpg

3dogslivingroom.jpg

head.jpg

default_smile.png

Wow congrats! I can't imagine having three big guys like that! He looks like a sweet man. How did the girls like him?

Charlene, you crack me up...I feel like it was just last yr. that you got your first dane....now 3!! Hes a beauty. Are those pillows with dog photos on your couch in the 3rd. photo?

Awww....
default_wub.png
He looks VERY happy with you.

I doubt he's going to want to wander off with you AND his new doggie companions always around.

I'm jealous! I'd LOVE to at least foster a Dane or two but hubby says NO MORE DOGS!
sad.gif
They all look happy and very comfortable.

thanks, everybody. ashley and pea don't mind sharing me with bentley and they seem to be bonding well with him. i have had to halt the zoomies in the house, they all want to play in the worst way but i would rather not have a herd of elephants charging around inside! it will be so nice when he can be trusted off leash so they can zoomie outside! he's doing well in that regard, sticking close to either me or the girls when we are outside so i don't think it'll be long.

yup, those are picture pillows that my former boss made for me. i'll take pics and post them for you. they are so cute! i have some with the horses and some with the dogs. she is making me another one with pea's picture and i'll have to give her a call when i get a good shot of bentley.
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
kathryn! any plans to travel down my way?? would love to see you again! i haven't posted much, this time of year is super busy...seems like i spend half my days just cleaning the stock tank and keeping the horses cooled down. it's been beastly hot and humid!

default_saludando.gif
kathryn! any plans to travel down my way?? would love to see you again! i haven't posted much, this time of year is super busy...seems like i spend half my days just cleaning the stock tank and keeping the horses cooled down. it's been beastly hot and humid!
you betchya I do!!!! I will keep you posted! I'm not 100% sure how either trip is going to work out quite yet...with what is going on here right now....but I will try to give you more than 12 hours notice! LOL
default_biggrin.png

~kathryn

oh yayy!!!!! let me know as soon as you know and i'll make sure i have the time off work in case it isn't on a weekend!

more of mr. B...

Bbear.jpg

BPsleeping1.jpg

BAsleeping.jpg

default_wub.png

What a big happy family. All your pups look relaxed and rested. I know about the zoomies thing.....go thru that two or three times a day...lol.... Now I do have to say I love that big mattress you have sitting in that one pic. Is that a Dane bed...or....? If you don't mind my asking...where did you get it? I have a pretty big dog bed for Lakota, but it has the white lamb wool type of fabric on the top part of it. I'd love to find one without the lamb wool.

yup, rachel, he is most definitely home! i really don't think it'll be long before he's off leash either. when we go outside, he's on a 30' long line made with nylon boating rope with a lightweight piece of wood attached at the handle. he sticks to us like glue!

sterling, that's a futon mattress. i built a frame for it with some odd pieces of 4 x 4 lumber and a sheet of plywood. it's big enough for all 3 dogs to lay on as long as ashley isn't all stretched out. i got the mattress on sale for $80. the lumber/plywood was left over from some other projects so it was "free".
default_biggrin.png

thanks, mrsj! here are a few pics of bentley and the girls outside. he's loving his freedom and being SO good about sticking close to us.

outside2-1.jpg

outside1-1.jpg

outside5-1.jpg

Charlene I am in love with Bentley, he is such a handsome dude and how lucky for him that he is going to live with you and your girls.

Yvonne

He is gorgeous (all of them are)! He looks like a very nice soul.
default_wub.png

thanks! he is, indeed, SO sweet! doesn't know a stranger and his manners are exemplary. his foster mom did a great job with him in the 2 months he was with her. when she got him, he was pretty much a bundle of energy, jumping all over the place, including ON people. he's very good at "sit/wait" when meals are being prepared and in the house, he just lays around.

yesterday evening, i took them out for one last pee. i fumbled and dropped the long line before i could get it on his collar. he bounded out into the yard then stood there and waited for me. i figured i'd try off leash and see how he did. a couple of times, something caught his attention and he went on alert. when he started to trot toward whatever it was, it only took one "bentley, come!" and he trotted right back to me.
default_aktion033.gif

Bnoleash2.jpg

Bnoleash.jpg

Latest posts

Back