I'd Like to Introduce the Newest Member of the Marriott-Gray Family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
So...I have a good friend that is a vet tech for a vet that has a practice close by. She will, sometimes, take in kittens/cats at the clinic (and the odd dog or two at her house
default_biggrin.png
) to rehab and find new homes for. Her husband's mother found a little black and white kitten in her barn with no mom (I believe she watched for a while...maybe she was hit by a car etc.). He was around 3 or 4 weeks old and in severe distress. They brought him to the clinic. He ate but buried his face in it and, obviously, had diarrhea etc after that. A mess
default_no.gif
After lots of TLC and proper nutrition/deworming etc., at 8 weeks old, it was time to find a good home for the handsome little guy; he is very very handsome; a black and white medium-haired boy with a personality to die for (a vet clinic full of doting mommy-types will do that
default_wink.png
). So....3 weeks after they had him in the clinic another little one was found (not sure where) and brought in. She wasn't as tiny and was a bit further along (maybe 4 or 5 weeks). Dewormed twice and brought back to health. She is a regular-looking tabby with white stockings and a bib. The amazing woman with a heart of gold is my good friend that owns the Ragdoll that my girls have always been bred to; so she asked me if I wanted to find them homes for her (she hates doing that). "Sure!", I said. Well...don't they come here and they are just the sweetest, most well-adjusted children
default_wub.png
Peppy (they called him that because he looks like a skunk...with the white stripe down his back) is beautiful and I, immediately, wanted to keep him either as a barn cat or house cat. But very quickly...this ordinary little girl stole my heart. I've never met a kitten so very friendly. She wants to be around you but doesn't do it annoyingly (do you know what I mean?). She just gives a chirp and hops on your lap and stretches and exposes her tummy to be rubbed; she is the epitomy of calm and relaxation. She's so very gentle and minds her claws and teeth; I've never NOT been clawed by a kitten, whether by accident or through play. Also, she was taught and caught on very quickly and easily that the counters/tables are off limits (smart little girl) So...Casey and Seamus now have a sister. Her name is Tabitha. I'm inquiring into how quickly I can get her spayed around here as Seamus is already sniffing and showing flehmen (and I know that females can get pregnant as early as 5 months
default_rolleyes.gif
). Anyway...I love my Himalayan boy, I love my Ragdoll boy, my Ragdoll girls...but...I'm totally head-over-heels for my Tabitha
default_wub.png

***There was no posing involved. These pics took, literally, 2-5 mins. to take. I picked them up and they were placed on the chair and they either sat down, lay down or just looked at me
default_smile.png

Here she is about a month ago, still in the clinic with "Peppy"

Kittens1.jpg

Here is Peppy here at my home last week(my friend...the vet tech...decided to keep him)

DSCF0061-1.jpg

Here is Tabitha now
default_biggrin.png

DSCF0055-1.jpg

DSCF0054-4.jpg

DSCF0058-4.jpg

Thanks for looking...As most of you know, my cats come a very close second to my ponies
default_biggrin.png

Oh...and here's a pic of her from this morning (in the center) and Seamus (to your left) and Casey enjoying their morning yoghurt
default_biggrin.png

DSCF0049-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see just in her face why you decided to keep her...... Her light shines through.
default_wub.png

Aww thats so sweet! I'm so happy you took her! She is just the right fit for you guys!
default_wub.png
Her name is perfect, she so looks like a Tabitha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a sucker for cute kitties!! She looks precious!
default_wub.png
My silver cat is sitting in my lap as I type and just purring away. Just can't beat that feeling! I'm glad you got her.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back