I would like to offer my services

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I have a back field which is not in use.

I am thinking that this winter, I could probably use it if anyone needs a place to put a couple of rescues. I am thinking ahead of the winter, because winters would be especially hard on a horse that is very down. It's not so cold up here in the winter months, we get little snow, and I still also have grass usually back there. There is some woods too that is a good wind break.

I could put up one of those huts for shelter and get a round bale back there. I don't have a problem feeding them.

I just can't do a lot of medicated work because of my present health situation. My farrier is also the pits, so a horse that doesn't need any specialized hoof/foot care would work.

Let me know if anyone needs some help stashing a horse for a while.

Hey Marty, what a generous offer.
thumbup.gif
Are you a member of CMHR? If not, why not sign up to become a foster home? You can always decline any rescue that you feel is beyond your capabilities, or that you are just not comfortable with.
yes.gif

I assumed I was a member way way back when Chance died and I wrote that poem for him I am pretty sure I joined up right there.....but now I am not quite sure. They say the mind is the first thing to go.......KK check it out. I'm supposed to be a member.

Hay Marty, I'm with you...the mind is the first to go!! BUT, dont we renew our membership on a yearly basis, ssssssssssssssssooooooooooo if you wrote that poem back in 2002 or 2003 YUP---you got to renew! (and you wouldnt be a paid up member) I think its great that you offered your field, shouldnt be hard filling it up.

OK well then I had better renew because I don't think of these things.

Due to my post here someone in need has taken me up on my offer for the use of my empty field so I am now going to presently be full up. Sorry no details at this time.

How wonderful that you can help, Marty. Good luck with them

I'm also wondering whether or not I am still a member of CMHR?

I joined in Feb. of 2004 and was told that my membership would be good through 2004 but I have not received any info of meetings or any info of any kind from CMHR.

I "tried" to find a list of members to see IF I was even on the membership list but couldn't find a list.

Maybe this isn't a good place to ask this but just wondering if anyone can give me some input?

Latest posts

Back