I wish it were warmer out....!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week was cold (for us); now we're back in the mid 70's which is perfect!
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

Are you really Liz? We got up to 64 here today. I was really happy! But they said another system and cooler weather is on its way.

The high today was 27F and tonight is 14F -- in Southern Maryland. Way too cold if you ask me!!

Can't complain too much though, first real cold spell this year. No snowfall either. Although I do feel like we need a snow covered ground to justify this cold weather.

We have had a very mild winter so far in Michigan...I am in the Upper Penninsula (snowmobiling) and right now it's -19f....high today is -4....that does not include the wind. Gonna have to dress warm! It's been so mild here Leya...of course your furnance goes out during a cold spell....stay warm!
Murphys Law!!! LOL!! Have fun and be safe snowmobiling!!

I can't wait for spring! This cold weather is driving me carazy--Its made me sick--literally. Now Its up to my non horsey sister to take care of the horses for me. Hopefully this sickness won't last long! And hopefully the cold weather will kill the influenza going around!

Its finally warming up here though-- its 2-F which is a huge diff from the past couple days. Its hard to breathe and my nose hurts in this cold weather! :~

I can't wait for spring! This cold weather is driving me carazy--Its made me sick--literally. Now Its up to my non horsey sister to take care of the horses for me. Hopefully this sickness won't last long! And hopefully the cold weather will kill the influenza going around!
Be prepared for the cold weather to drag out whatever it is that has you feeling unwell. I was sick the whole month of December, and just recently started feeling like myself. I had a head cold, waited a couple weeks, saw a dr, it had turned into a sinus and ear infection, two weeks of antibiotics, I started to feel human again, and two more weeks and I finally about feel like myself. [Luckily, we had a short warm spell, and I think that helped to finish getting over it, as I wasn't breathing in so much cold air when I was doing chores.]

I'm glad you're feeling better! In Dec. Right before Christmas I was sick bad for a week. My symptoms were; Stomach ache, head ache, fever, double ear infections, pink eye, sore throat, runny noes, etc. It was really bad! Finally I went to the dr and she gave me pills and I was better at the end of the next day. I was so glad to be better because that week before was NOT fun.

Its snowing here too--we already have over a foot--hopefully it won't snow much :~

At least its not 3 feet! But I have a feeling it will reach that soon...like last time....

We are too--its snowing again. But its supposed to stop tonight but its going to get down to 16- F. Today was a heat wave--it got up to 12 F! So I was pretty thankful for that--not to mention I don't have the flu anymore ;)

Last night it got down to -6.5 Fahrenheit, it was so cold the snow was squeeking whenever it was stepped on. Of course the horses could care less how cold it was. They were out walking the fenceline waiting for dinner, as for myself, I couldn't feel my face or fingers lol. We shut the water off to the garage yesterday, so I'm back to hauling water from the kitchen sink, luckily I only have two ponies! I'm trying not to complain too much; after such a mild winter last year, it did not do much to kill off insects. This past summer was horrendous, flys everywhere, army worms destroying the hay crop, not to mention my paddock was mud and standing water all winter, and it rained almost everyday. I never thought I would say I enjoy the cold and snow!!

Dan.

In that situation, you're lucky you only have two ponies! ;) I have 4 horses and a mini to take care of, but its worth it! ;) Right now it feels so warm at 8 degrees but Its getting colder again--hopefully it'll warm up soon! Gotta dress for that cold weatha! ;)

Latest posts

Back