I was asked to apply for an administration job

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
I am qualified for this position and the current person is leaving. I would be 15,000 more per yr. But a lot more work. I live about an hour from work. So that means less time with the minis and the babies. I do not have kids but I am married. Making more is great, but more taxes and paying more to get things done that I normally do myself. Ugh!!! What should I do????

You have to weigh the pros and cons...no one can tell you what to do. Do you want to advance with this company? Or do you want to stay where you are? If moving up means more time away and that takes away what is important to you, then is it worth it? No one can answer that but you.

Personally....I'd look at it this way...more $....more minis!!!!!!

You should probably talk with your hubby and you two decide together.... if working more is worth it or not.

Congrats on being asked to apply for the position, they are obviously very pleased with your work, you should be very proud.

Just figure out if that extra $15,000 a year minus taxes, gas, drive time, more stress because of more responsiblity, less time with husband and minis, is worth it. If you like your current job and the money is good, then it might not be worth the extra to leave.

I do really like my present job. I make good money and the hourse are nice. My free time is so important to me. I love my minis, hubby and just enjoying life. But money is nice, too. My hubby says whatever I want. Thank you both gave me someting to consider. And I am so honored. Thanks

Back