I volunteered and need your help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
I need to make a posterboard telling about the Miniature Horse. Where can I find clear information for people who may not know about horses. I also would like to include some pictures that show the size of the horses, you know standing next to people or gates that show how tiny and correct they are. Someone on here has a tiny foal in their avatar, they are holding in their hands with a little dog next to it. I would like to use the pictures to show an example of these little guys. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The local FFA asked to borrow my mare and foal for their farm at the fair and I need to make this poster for them by Monday.

That's Lillian's (As If By Magic) I'm sure she would be happy for you to use it- e-mail he r as she probably has some more.

Ask the forum members to volunteer and give you permisson to use some of thier pictures. Give them credit under their picture: name state and farm name. Get a picture of driving, roadster, someone jumping, obstacles, a halter class etc. Then blow the pictures up and print them off for your display. Attach them on some cardboard for extra strenth and maybe you can use the phrase "what are they good for?" Then ask one of the gals here that make those collages to make a collage poster of your mare and foal too!

For information on the Miniature Horse the info on the registry sites is for public information and you should be able to print it off. I'd make up some little leaflets or brochures that you fold up

Make a banner by using your printer for your booth

You can decorate your booth by using a bail of hay and some toy horses

Thanks Marty and Rabbit, I was going to edit to say I would be sure to give credit to all pictures used. I made a sign my mare and one for my foal with their information on it and some pictures. Now I just need to make a poster about the breed. I saw some great pictures on here with different things...maybe I will start PM ing a few forum members! Thank you!

Another neat idea for a comparison picture would be to have a mini next to a full size. Ive seen them, but I dont personally have one.

Good luck on your poster!

Lorna

Good for YOU!!
aktion033.gif

Have you contacted the registries that you belong to? I have recieved some great promotional brochures and posters in the past.

I sent an e mail to AMHR, but it is awful short notice as I need all this by Monday. I have started to get some things together, chances are if they sent info out today I could have it by Monday.

biggrin.gif
i think that what your doing is cool!!!
yes.gif
a few years ago i did a speech on miniature horse so if u want to know any info on them you can try google and type in the history of the miniature horse, also u can try lots of the other websitelike ask.com or yahoo. those sitereally helped me when i did my speech. so i wish u good luck!!! and srry i can't help u with the pictures i don't no how to get pictures on here yet ! he he he he
rolleyes.gif

good luck
aktion033.gif

cara

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back