I thought we were done! Longest mare stare ever!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this foal for 3 LONG years. I bought this little mare as a yearling with plans to breed her to my stallion. When she turned 3 we tried. Nope! Tried again the following year. Nope! Gave it one more shot before doing anything too drastic. She looked like she was pregnant, acted like she was pregnant but we never saw any kind of movement, she really didn't get that big either. Last night I noticed her milk vein was huge! Her udder was sticking out the back too. We discussed it and figured she was having a false pregnancy. WELL......this morning I went out and there were 4 extra legs. Thank goodness everything went well and both are fine! He isn't very big but everything is working. If I didn't know the breeding dates I'd swear he was premature. She carried 356 days. He is silver dapple like momma but appears to have the dun factors from daddy + daddy's overo gene came through!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Considering calling him Sagebrush Tamales Dont Tell Momma! His barn name will be Hush. For now.....

hush03.jpg

hush04.jpg

The line does go all the way into his tail so I don't think it is just countershading.

hush07.jpg

Not the best photo but it shows just how big he isn't! This is our Jack Russell, Camy!

hush05.jpg

Love the name 'Hush'. Well named.

He is adorable, what a nice surprise

Congrats he sure is cute. We also got a foal out of a mare I waited for several years on. Sshe was bred for several years and no baby ever till this year. Some of them just take longer!

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I'm glad the colt didn't have any problems.
default_yes.gif
Pics didn't load for me though. :DOH!

I've been down that road but my mare actually had foals, just aborted two years on me at 6 months gestation. Bred her again last spring and hoped and prayed all would go well, well this spring she had a gorgeous pinto filly. They say third time is a charm.
default_smile.png

It may have been a loooong wait but it was well worthwhile - he is a CUTIE!!! And sooo small!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Congrats on your little colt, he is really cute.

OMG he is soo cute. Glad everything went well. I am also hoping for our mare that we have been waiting for 3 yrs to have a baby. Looks it but she isnt as big as I would like and I am not sure if ive seen any movement either. I hope I get as lucky as you did and finally get a baby this yr to!

Alisha

Thanks! We're really pleased with how he turned out.

This is his dam last Friday. I didn't get any rear view photos of her but you couldn't tell from that angle that there was anything in there.

gal13.jpg

Latest posts

Back