I think this going to be a WEIRD FOALING YEAR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
I'm used to having our girls give us all the SIGNS..... I've read the books to them......Shown them the pictures and they all know the ropes! And in previous years they've followed the rules........ We have the cameras, the beeper alerts........ The milk test strips......... They are used to being put under a microscope.......

HA! Not this year! Now we've had TWO Mares that came into the barn or came up to the barn door and spat their children out without showing us the standard "signs"........ This is so STRANGE!

Here's our latest..........a colt born April 29th. Arenosa Bred. His sire is Bristol El Dorado. I called my other mom and baby in for the evening, and "Flame" followed right in with her newborn colt to present him to us...... (I freaked.)

NEAFPlus120.jpg

NEAFPlus103.jpg

And here's our first little one........a filly born April 21. Unfolded. Brianna has named her "Torch".

NEAFPlus099.jpg
NEAFPlus104.jpg

I've had the same experience, at least with a few of them, the maidens especially!

Congratulations on two beautiful babies!
default_aktion033.gif

I love that colt! He's fabulous. I don't mind when they do that as long as they have no trouble and present me with a perfect, healthy baby, but it is scary to think what could have happened when you miss one.

NO KIDDING it's scary!!!!!!! We kiss the moms all over and then fret about the "what ifs"!

After fussing over the chance that they could have never gotten out of their sacs, I watch them like hawks because I'm afraid of septicemia!

Congrats! and I'm glad to hear that our girls are not the only ones acting 'goofy' this year! lol

Hey MA, I am in So Oregon and having the same problem. Out of my 4 pregos, 3 were maidens so they have an excuse. My old girl, who is usually a milk cow, hasn't put on a very big bag. We had to pull the first 2 babies. I came home from getting more bedding and preparing for the next one only to be greeted by a little whinney from the stall, Yep, had the baby on her own while I was gone.

It is amazing how they do it. They look like nothing will happen and then poof! The foal is coming and out so fast.

We wait 11 months for this and the it is over in minutes.

I have not had any come to the barn with a newborn, but I have gone out to collect them at the end of the day and them. These are mares that did not have bags in the am and were early.

You are right MaryAnn that it is scary.

Woohoo...Flame did it again! So far she's batting 1000 for beautiful babies! Both are gorgeous, and thankfully healthy and happy!

That is strange! Just when you thought you could count on a pattern too. But what beautiful babies! I love the face on your filly.

I have to say what beautiful complexions those 2 legged girls have too--so natural and make-up free!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png

So glad u were greeted with good results!!! They are adorable!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Oh my goodness - they are both so adorable! Sometimes these guys just do not follow the rules. So glad everything turned out ok for you! Congratulations!
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif

That is strange! Just when you thought you could count on a pattern too. But what beautiful babies! I love the face on your filly.

I have to say what beautiful complexions those 2 legged girls have too--so natural and make-up free!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png

Oh Karla, you made laugh! I didn't read your post closely enough at first and thought you were talking about the HORSES! I thought, "Huh???" You can blame our complexions on the Oregon weather.......
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back