i think its the end with me and horses:(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
i got kicked out and have no money to keep my horse so im afraid i cant aford my girly
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
any ideas how to get money fast??? im spending the nite at a friends place then i dont know any help ???

Do you have transportation? Are you old enough to get a JOB? Start applying everywhere if you aren't already employed. Are you going to school? If you aren't already working full time and can, get the extra hours. Where is your horse now? Ask anyone you know that has horse property if you can pasture board your horse and pay up after your first paycheck. Sometimes you can also exchange work for board which is what I do to keep the cost of having a pony down. You may or may not need to get rid of your horse. Jot down a list of your monthly expenses (don't forget to include those involved with renting, if that's what you're going to have to do), then an estimate of how much you can bring in a month working at a wage you can actually make after taxes. If you can still pay your bills, eat and have some money left over to SAVE you might consider keeping your horse. Otherwise, I would post the horse for sale and realize that you can't always get what you want. Lastly, I recommend looking into a roommate to save on rent expenses. Welcome to the real world! Good luck.

PS. Don't feel obligated to answer any of the questions above here. They need not be anything more than just questions to ask yourself to help you sort things out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to think "outside the box" for income (garage sale, trade work for living space......). Ask for help from friends, you might be surprised. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I see you're a youth. How old are you? Were you kicked out by your parents or....?????

well is it possible to ride your horse? if so you could always do a half/full lease.. then maybe that would pay for the horse. and i agree to get a job and start applying EVERYWHERE!!! and if worse comes to worse and you end up having to sell your horse... find someone nice who will maybe let you eventually buy your horse back.. and if thats not possible someone who will let you visit or maybe even lease from. if your horse isnt a riding horse (if it shows) then you could still lease it to someone who would show it? idk just ideas here

Start by asking your stable owner if you can work off her board part time until you can figue out what to do. My thoughts are with you sweetie.

Cara, first you are a youth so I do not want to give you too much advice.

Please go back to your home and work it out, would you like to be right or happy...

Good Luck
default_wub.png
If you are having problems with your parents, you need to sit and talk. Rules are rules.

Not sure of your situtation so do not want to ad to your problem.
default_wink.png

i am 17, i signed a contract with my horse and the old owner becuase i am under the age of 18, my mother had to sign it, and becuase she signed it she is sending my horse back to her old owner, me and my mom have had issues since gr6, i rly shouldnt say this on here, but my mother drinks,smokes,and that nite she kicked me out she hit me 4 times i pushed her back once and she said get the f*** out, so i left, um im hoping when my father comes home that he could calm my mother down, and reson with her,i have not yet talked to my mother since she kicked me out, but i have to my sisters and aprently she doesnt care that i am gone, and me and horses have always been a burden to the family($) wise, i did have a job, i had to quit becuase i had a medical issue, and now it is hard to get a job becuase i live out of town and i dont have my licence, so its aleast 1h walk to get anywhere, thank you all for your ideas and suport ,
default_smile.png

Because you are only 17, you cannot be put out of your home by your parents unless they go through the legal system to do so. You cannot be out on your own, homeless. Try to go back home and work things out. Can you call your mom? She must be worried sick by now. Can you locate your father? If you cannot do that, go to a relative, an aunt, or uncle if you can, someone you trust, but seek help from an adult today that can help get things worked out. Is there a guidance counselor in school you can speak to? Sometimes a family doctor can be of service to steer you in the right direction.

hey cara, do still go to high school? as long as your in high school and can not live at home you can get student welfare ( I was on it for a while). You can go the guidenice office and they will tell you what day and time the rep comes in to the school.

I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
I can't imagine how a mother can kick her own child out of her home. I have no advice but I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that it all works out for you.

Cara, I am so sorry you are struggling. Being 17 is HARD! I would not repeat it for anything and I was pretty happy and safe. I can't advise you on your family situation because I can't see what is happening but we have a social support system in place (its why we pay all those hideously high taxes) for situations like yours. Look in the phone book and find Social Services (or what ever name that government department goes by in Ont.) Call and say you need to speak to a social worker and then explain your situation. They should be able to help mediate a return to your family and if that turns out to be hopeless they will know what services are available for you (rental assistance etc) Unfortunately I think if you are not able to work out an agreement with your mother you will probably end up loosing your horse. If you do remeber that you will soon be an adult and able to decide for yourself what is a priority in your life. If you are determined to spend time with horses you can find ways, there is always someone with more horses than time who would be happy to let you ride if you cleaned stalls or groomed or.... Just take one thing at a time (shelter and safety for you, then start adding things as you can
default_smile.png
) and you'll be Okay.
default_yes.gif

I dont mean to sound harsh but if you ( or your family) cannot afford to keep the horse it IS best the it go back to the original owner. Fair? Nope, but life is not fair.

I suggest if you have not finished High school, that be the first order of business. Then see about enrolling in college. even the local community college offers classes on a flexable schedule. There is financial aide out there for folks who want to go to school.

A good education will allow you to have the luxury of owning a horse in the future.

Cara I hope you can work it out with your family but if not there are systems in place in Ontario that will help you. As others have said call social services and tell them your story, they will help you. You may lose your horse but you have to look after yourself first and if you want to be with horses you will find a way.

Yvonne

Do you think you can catch the next plane to boston, MA? Im sure we can take you in.
default_smile.png

I would go to the guidence office, like someone said, and im sure they can help you. But hang in there im sure everything will work out okay but were all here for you. ♥

If you don't connect with your father, or another relative.........Talk to a school counselor or a family services counselor. You need to find a stable place to sleep at night.

Tell the seller of your horse what is happening in your life and perhaps they can help you out. And if they take your horse back, at least you'll know it is being cared for.

Maybe it would help if anyone happened to have any phone numbers for her location in Canada.

Anyone have any links for this situation?

Back