I think its baby time...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
I might very well be jinxing myself by posting this, but I think Cindy will be giving us an Easter baby to celebrate. Please let me know what you think of the pics.

In the last 2 days her personality has really changed. Today we found her in the back for the field standing in mud...she usually sticks right around the barn with her buddies. Her tail head seems very pointed as of this morning like her whole butt has dropped, she has a very slight rusty discharge today. I’m keeping an eye on it, but from what I was told that it’s ok. It’s not dripping by any means or constant. You can kind of see it in the pics I’m posting. Her bag was cool yesterday and tonight it’s warm. She has had the jello butt for about a month and tail was loose, but now very loose. Only thing that hasn’t changed is her love for food and people lol.

Let me know you opinions! THANKS!!!!

419.jpg

418.jpg

417.jpg

Think there is a baby in there???

410.jpg

"I'm making a baby...what have you done lately?"

395.jpg

Looks very close to me Dee. I'd be keeping her up in the foaling stall now.

She comes in every night and has been on the barn cam since st Patricks day lol. She goes out during the day for some fresh air and to get some waddling done. We put her in if we need to step out quick, the neughbor checks on her and when outside she is watched like a hawk.

I'm excited, but really getting nervous that everything goes good. With not knowing what she was bred to, no prenatal vaccinations, dates and being 18 yrs old I'm getting anxious! I just want her to be ok and have a healthy baby soon!!! But I guess mamma knows best so when she's ready we will get to meet the munchkin!

I agree with Marty! Probably see a foal soon. Wishing you an easy foaling!

**UPDATE**

Easter bunny came, but didn't bring a mini foal. No discharge today and her bag is cooler. Mind you I checked her bag after she had been outside. It was a nice day, but bit of a small chill with the breeze.

Here are some pics from today...let me know what you think!

010.jpg

Ouch!

015-1.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

009-1.jpg

I'm so anxious! I have made everything from a foaling time line check list for every step, step by step instructions for red bag delivery and a chart to write down times of important stuff involving labour, foaling and post foaling
default_wacko.png
...sweet jesus i can only imagine how bad i will be when I have kids!!!
default_wacko.png

Does she look that dropped in the belly?? Also is there any kind of a safe creme I can put on her udders? Those puppies have got to hurt and they look so dry
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess for what it is worth is you have about 48 hours to go for me one of the more sure fire signs was when I see them from behind and think OMG did they have their foal.. they are truly close. Her udder could be fuller as well but as with any mare..really when it comes to going by the book all bets are off
default_yes.gif

"I'm making a baby...what have you done lately?"

395.jpg
I love this! It reminds me of when I was pregnant and my husband would come home from work and asked me what I had done that day and my pregnancy hormones would reply " I made a kidney and a left arm today, what did you do?!?"

About 48 hrs? That's not long at all! She does look so round. I swear her belly has changed into every shape there is. She does however say pretty round with her foals and never gets that 'v' shape. Baby hasnt been moving much lately. She is as hungry as a horse! ...corny joke I know, but I'm sleep deprived right now. im getting excited! I don't work tomorrow so hoping maybe tonight.

Good luck! I am getting so excited for my own foal, I am sitting in anticipation with all of you whose foals are due sooner!
default_yes.gif

So u agree Marty? Maybe 48 hrs ish?

We have been waiting foreverrr! I'm going to have strong words with the foal fairy about making some of us mini owners go over due! Lol

I love this! It reminds me of when I was pregnant and my husband would come home from work and asked me what I had done that day and my pregnancy hormones would reply " I made a kidney and a left arm today, what did you do?!?"
lol, I remember snapping at hubby cos he was moaning about having no shirts ironed. "well I am sorry but I had to make TEN toes today"
default_new_rofl.gif

When they come in at night with just as full and tight of an udder as they had in the morning--you will see a foal!

Looks very close! Do I see some wax on her teats in the first picture? I have two overdue mares here too. I know how you feel!
default_wink.png

Thanks guys! Ur all the best! No baby last night. No shes not waxing.

UPDATE

No real change except her teets are like pointing foward(Towards her front legs) a bit now...i'm thinking there are just so full thats why. All I can say is ouch
default_no.gif

008.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Not the best pic, but its trick getting under there!

001.jpg

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH!
default_aktion033.gif
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just use some warm water and a sponge to clean her udder and under her tail (under her tail, anus, and vulva...not in that order necessarily...). My mares both appreciate a good cleaning with warm water under there every now and then (both the pregnant one and my 2 year old filly).

Thanks Matt! We have been cleaning her every night. Exsprcially between her udders she gets dirt in there.

Lol today she had two mag pies resting on her back and she just kept eating!

I found a equine massage therapist who is going to comeout after the baby us born for a relaxion massage. This girl deserves it
default_smile.png

You might be washing everything too much. You, of course, want to keep her hind end clean if you think she's in 1st stage, but maybe stop cleaning her udder so much from now until the foal is here. Then, give it a nice wash with warm water before the foal nurses (just to get off birthing fluids that may have run down that way etc.). I've used panateen (sp?) cream around tender parts that look ouchy or dry in the past.

Hi Dee hope she is doing well. I am still new to this but my two mares I waited, waited and waited. Looked for different signs they seem to have them all. One was a maiden other well I think she the one that aborted a foal last year. Neither dripped milk, waxed or had them pointing down and neither looked like their bell really changed. Only thing I noticed is attitude change a couple days before and that night they both had them the acted really weird. Then I started seeing the tail rise and before I knew it they were foaling. Your girl looks like a V in the last photo. God she has to be foaling soon. Keep us posted. I can't wait to see what she has. Is she on marestare?

Latest posts

Back