I think I may need prayers now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So I haven't wanted to admit this too myself, but I think there must be something really wrong with me.

Ever since high school, whenever I would get excited about something, I would end up with diarrhea and it would pretty much ruin the whole experience. School dances? Every single one I spent half the night in the stall, embarrased out of my mind everytime I had to go back, since one of my teachers always sat on a chair in front of them watching.

I learned to control that with simple pills that made it a lot better.

But then, it started getting worse, and it wasn't just the major events, but things as small as hanging out with my friends. It was always so embarrasing spending 15-20 min at a time in the bathroom, multiple times, and you can only make up so many excuses.

It went away for about a year - at least it wasn't as bad as it was.

I was still sick a lot. Always tired, no matter what I drank, or did, or how much I slept. I got a lot of headaches, sick to my stomach. Still spent a lot of time in the bathroom.

However, within the past month it's gotten worse than ever before.

Very rarely do I not have diarrhea. I at first thought it was food poisoning fron Taco Bell, but it didn't go away. After all, the rest of my roommates had it too. But theirs' got better.

About 2 days ago, I was at my friends house when I suddenly had the urge to go - and then. Unfortunatly, she has very paper thin doors, and I'm really embarrased about it, so I drove to my boyfriends house because I had to pick him up anyway. I didn't even make it to the door when i couldn't hold it anymore. I have never had that happen before. I am only 19 years old!!!

When I made it into the bathroom, and finished up, I noticed what was clearly blood in the toilet. I didn't honestly think more than "I should make a doctors appt."

Then other day, I went to the bathroom, and noticed it honestly looked like I had just expelled peices of my intestine or something within my poop. Hate to be blunt, but it was stringy, white/pink and there was a pretty good chunk. And no, it WASN'T mucous by any means.

Then tonight, I had just opened a dr. pepper, took 2 sips, and suddenly ran into the bathroom and puked out of nowhere. Up came some fruit from earlier, and what was bad was some got on the rim on the toilet, and there was clearly red blood in it. But what is odder, is that there was stringy black stuff. I thought it was Dr. Pepper, but with only 2 sips, I don't feel that it would leave what it looked like to me.

I am going to the doctors, but I am really worried about whats wrong with me.

These are pretty much the only symptoms, and I can't find anything that sounds close to what I have been experiencing. Granted, the internet is not a miracle worker, but something?

I'm really scared.

-Jamie

Jamie,

Anytime there is something black, be it stool or what ever that is usually blood. Do not wait. Go to the Doctor today. It could be as simple as a really bad ulcer or a blockage of some sort or what started out as Iritible bowel syndrome. Don't let this go on. You are damaging your insides. I'm serious, I'm a momma speaking. Do not pass go, do not get 200 dollars, go strait to the doctor NOW!

Praying for doctor's wisdom and your getting better.

Full blood panel and parasite check in both blood and stool. Don't
default_new_shocked.gif

I was having troubles, non-existant B12 and other things...come to find out I had several parasites that had destroyed the enzymes need to process B12 and digestion. I am much better now but need B12 shots weekly.

DO NOT WAIT :DOH!

I waited well over a year before deciding being embarrassed was only hurting me.

your symptoms sound a lot like Crohns disease which is treatable with meds. My nephew was diagnosed when he was 18. Hes so much happier since he got the med and got it under control

auses and Risk Factors of Crohn's Disease

The precise cause of Crohn's disease remains unknown. Our best understanding is that Crohn’s disease results from an abnormal immune response in the intestinal tract, triggered by unknown environmental factors, in persons at risk for the disease due to their genetic makeup. There is no clear evidence that diet is involved in causing Crohn’s disease.

The disease has a peak occurrence between the ages of 15 and 35, but it has been reported in every decade of life. It is more common in Caucasians and Jews and can affect more than one member of a family. While both viruses and bacteria can cause colitis (inflammation of the colon), little evidence suggests that infections actually lead to Crohn's disease. Cigarette smoking is strongly associated with the onset and worsening of Crohn’s disease.

Symptoms of Crohn's Disease

Because of the varying locations of involvement and severity of disease, Crohn’s disease may present with a variety of symptoms and signs.

The first symptoms of Crohn's disease are often abdominal pain and diarrhea. Pain is felt in the area of the navel or on the right side. Joint pain, lack of appetite, weight loss, fatigue and fever are common.

Sometimes Crohn's disease affects the skin around the anus. A variety of sores in the anal area such as skin tags, fissures (cracks), fistulas (abnormal openings from bowel to skin surface near the anus), and abscesses may occur. Less commonly, other organ systems outside the gastrointestinal tract may be affected by Crohn’s disease. These include the eyes (iritis, uveitis), liver (PSC), skin (erythema nodosum, pyoderma gangrenosum), and kidney (kidney stones).

My husband has ulcerative colitis and his symptoms are very similiar to yours, although, he never threw up. Diaharrea was constant with lots of blood. He was fatigued alot too. It did not matter what he ate, he always had the runs, with the blood, so bad that the toliet would be solid red sometimes from the blood actually just running out, he would not even have "went" yet. He would go to the bathroom approx. 8 times a day.

You need to have a colonoscopy, they can check your entire intestine and really see what is going on in there.

Doug was placed on meds and fiber (the prescrip was $700/month, thank heavens we have insurance). That was about three years ago. It cleared up but it took a long time and he will occasionally have some blood, maybe once every couple months but that is it. He's been off the meds now for close to a year, but he takes 10 fiber pills a day.....if he misses some, he will get the runs again.

Whatever it may be, you need to get to the dr asap!

Jamie,

I don't have any info, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very concerned for you to be seen now, not whenever they can fit you in next week. You might feel like you're being dramatic, but you have to be your own advocate, so please don't tone anything down when you explain what is going on. You need them to give you their full attention and take an in-depth look at everything. It sounds really scary, and I personally dislike going to the doctor, but with these things going on, you can't put it off.

Jamie,

I am no help other then to say, GO TO THE DOC NOW.

Blood in stool and vomit is not normal.

I am praying for you, and let us know how things turn out!!

Good luck.

Yes,,, it is time to have it checked. Yes things like this is embarrassing. But you don't want to wait so long you make it worse. Doctors see stuff like this all the time, it is not embarrassing for them They are there to help you.

I agree, do NOT prolong this any longer!!!! Something IS wrong for your body to be doing this and you need to get some help NOW!! It could be any number of things from something quite simple, to not so simple, but at least you can get some tests run and get it figured out and get started on feeling better!

Please go in a.s.a.p.!!

DEFINITELY GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

And if I were you, I would print your post and give to the doctor too.........

Will be looking for a report back!

So sorry, Jamie. Try to relax and let the doctor work it out with you. *HUGS*

I agree with what everyone has said here!

I too have had my share of digestive tract issues
default_no.gif
I was really sick for a whole year before they finally removed my gallbladder. I had to have test after test done,,,,very embarrassing tests such as the barium enima
default_new_shocked.gif
I also had to give stool samples which was just awful
default_no.gif
In the long run I ended up diagnosing myself
default_wacko.png
I had been telling them from the beginning that I thought it was my gallbladder but because they didn't see any gallstones they brushed it off.

My point is, you have got to take care of yourself. Go to the doctor, read books, online and where ever else you can. Your symptoms are way way way more serious than any of mine and you should NOT take them lightly
default_no.gif

When I was reading your post the first thing that came to mind was IBS. I have this but I have never heard of it causing you to bleed so much! I just have issues when I get really nervous. It's no fun at all I know.

I am very concerned for you and I hope you will take everyone's advice here and GET TO THE DOCTOR! Even if it's the ER. Bleeding that much is not something to ignore.

Please keep us posted. And I commend you for having the strength to talk to us about this
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone. I just have to get a list of dr's we can go to (our insurance is really bad) and I'm going.

Thinking back on the blood in my vomit, I was eating a few red-hots, which could account to the coloring, but I'm still not sure.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for the support! It means a lot.

Feather,

There are quite a few different things this could be. My advise would be go to the ER. Bright red blood is fresh blood. If she would have had black, coffee ground type that would have indicated old blood, if you will. There is no better opinion in this case than that of one a medical professional could provide for you. It may or may not be Crohns but since you have vomitting and diarrhea you have a good chance of becoming dehydrated. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Fran

Feather--go to the doctor, please.
default_yes.gif
Listen to your body and let the experts do their thing. You owe it to yourself to get this taken care of. It sure can't be any fun dealing with it--life will be much better once whatever it is, is under control.

Good luck--and let us know what happens.
default_wub.png

Geessss. When is you appt. I think you should go to the hospital. You are bleeding from both ends, not good really not good. Please get seen as soon as you can. Prayers coming for you to get this resolved real fast and that you will be Ok.

You will be in my thoughts, God bless.

When I read your post I immediately thought of my sister. She had a very similar experience during high school and university years. She has Chron's as Kaykay mentioned. Symptoms can vary so much between people. In the end she had a bowel resection so she is off meds but she knows certain foods will set it off. I also am convinced my husband has some sort of similar complaint however he refuses to admit it. He lost 5 kgs the before our wedding and spent the day after in bed - turns out it wasn't the wedding he was worried about it was the flying that we were to do the next day for our honeymoon... He has things like that all time but his mother has told him its because he had campilorbactor 10 years ago... He gets sick from food no one else does....

Anyway good luck with your Doctors appointment. Hope it all turns out okay and as hard as it may be try not to worry about it as stress and worry often make any GI things much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back