I think I lurk too much on sale horses and auctions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartkranch

Reaction score
No, this doesn't have to do with any horses that are on the online auction here.

I think its was weird, (one place that had the online sale NOT HERE) had horses for higher reserves then what they had on the sale page.

Every horse they had in the "for sale" page was about 500 dollars cheaper then they had on the auction reserve. Is that just me? Because by the end of the sale they get 0 bids.

Is that normal?

A similar situation drives me batty. People on facebook who post that due to lifestyle changes they need to sale ALL horses. Even horses they got less than a month ago, but want 2-3 times as much as the previous well known trainer or seller had them listed for, then complain that people wont pay what they are asking. Well, that part I can see, because things might come up. BUT what drives me batty is every other week they post they they MUST disperse, then next week they are keeping everything and buy a few more, then they are selling everything again but jack the prices up again, then down, then up. This is usually all within one month. Whos horses value changes that much over the course of four weeks in the winter?

The big turn off is they writing all over facebook about how people backed out of horses they were interested in. Well, if I inquired about a horse, then someone kept jacking its price up each week when it did nothing to justify the increased price, they would loose my interest as well. In my opinion, it is VERY unprofessional to complain about prospective buyers publicly on facebook, or the internet in general.

A similar situation drives me batty. People on facebook who post that due to lifestyle changes they need to sale ALL horses. Even horses they got less than a month ago, but want 2-3 times as much as the previous well known trainer or seller had them listed for, then complain that people wont pay what they are asking. Well, that part I can see, because things might come up. BUT what drives me batty is every other week they post they they MUST disperse, then next week they are keeping everything and buy a few more, then they are selling everything again but jack the prices up again, then down, then up. This is usually all within one month. Whos horses value changes that much over the course of four weeks in the winter?

The big turn off is they writing all over facebook about how people backed out of horses they were interested in. Well, if I inquired about a horse, then someone kept jacking its price up each week when it did nothing to justify the increased price, they would loose my interest as well. In my opinion, it is VERY unprofessional to complain about prospective buyers publicly on facebook, or the internet in general.
If this was facebook I would LIKE it!
default_aktion033.gif

I too an almost addicted to the Saleboard and I have no intention of buying anything(just trying to the best I can to take care of my senior horses with health issues).I am always wondering why people are selling horses and say in the next breath that they have a large number of foals coming and need the room.I wonder why if you are already overcrowded with animals(and not sure if you can sell some)why would you be making more.I love reading the ads especially the ones that have a dispersal sale almost every other month.Several of the ads are just good for a laugh.

Latest posts

Back