i strapped on gary's tool belt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
he taught me well, that he did! the ramp at the shed where the riding mower is kept had seen its better days, it was probably 7 or 8 years old. gary used some old boards he found laying around, none treated, so they were all rotten.

here's what i started with...2 x 8 treated boards for support...

ramp1.jpg

ramp2.jpg

i used a piece of 3/4" treated plywood...

ramp3.jpg

TA DAAA!!!

ramp4.jpg

and now, for the coup de gras...while digging for the center support board, in a place that has not been dug in before, all the while wondering if i was doing a job that would be suitable to gary, i found THIS about 8" down in the ground...

ramppenny.jpg

A PENNY FROM HEAVEN!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Charlene, that is awesome!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Though I am totally jealous.....we still have snow on the ground
default_sad.png

~kathryn

thanks everyone! you know, today...it's exactly 4 months since gary's death so yes, the penny has very special meaning to me.
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

You know he was making sure you did everything the correct way. I think that penny was just so that you would know he's watching over you.

Take care.

Barbie

Way to go Charlene
default_aktion033.gif
. You did a great job, I agree The penny was Gary's way of letting you know he is watching over you. And just maybe he wanted to say, 'good job Honey you did that just like I would have'.

You go girl!!!

That looks fantastic!! Excellent job........ and to find the penny, that is just icing on the cake!

Good for you! And Gary obviously put his stamp of approval on your work.
default_biggrin.png

4:14 a.m. and whoa! i think i over did it this weekend...swinging a hammer and dragging heavy lumber around and moving the round bale feeder...my body is objecting quite strenuously! :DOH!

gary's brother came up yesterday to look at my work. he and gary worked construction together for many years. george gave me a B+. i told him thanks but gary already gave me an A+!!!
default_biggrin.png

i'm thinking i should go back to bed but it'll take me 30 minutes to walk that far so i guess i'll just stay up. LOL

Latest posts

Back