I saw this on the news this morning and thought it would be fun!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Which of the following things from your childhood do you still partake in as an adult?

1- CARTOONS

2- PRO WRESTLING

3- VIDEO GAMES

4- COLLECTING DOLLS / ACTION FIGURES

( I'm going to add stamps coins, figurines any thing you collected as a youngster!)

5- BUBBLE GUM POP MUSIC

(I'm going to add can also be any type of music you listen to growing up that you just can not resist now!)

6- ADD YOUR OWN!!!

I'm going to say cartoons!

I'll blame my son but I know if he did not like them I'd still watch! LOL! Truthfully I see a few more on the list that I do also!
default_whistling.gif
I must admit I absolutely can not resist singing the Scooby Doo Theme Song when it's on!!! Every single time!! (Same with Gilligan's Island!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah-coloring occasionally! songs from the the 50's and 60's. older tv shows like Mr. Ed, the Rifleman, the Patty Duke show, etc.

None of the above

I still do horses -got my 1st pony 71 years ago as a birthday present and have had ponies&horses most of my life

Still an obsessive reader Love books and collecting books.Still have my childhood horse books Walter Farley,Maurgerite Henry,etc

Reading, comics (would watch some cartoons but we don't get the ones Iike!

I never liked pro wrestling and never had video

games !

I love to ride my bike! I like to color and put jigsaw puzzles together with the grandkids and love watching old tv shows and movies.

Coloring, cartoons and playing with my lil ponies, except they aren't so little, but I still like to braid their hair and talk to them (but I can't seem to find these ones in pink and purple with hearts and bubbles on their rumps)

cartoons, coloring, puzzles oh yes!!

Oh I almost forgot my brother has an old sit down table pac man game that I love to play when I'm visiting at his house.

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't have video games when I was a child, we had cards and board games which I still like to play, especially Sorry and Rummy. I use to get an allowence and would go to the corner drug store and buy a plastic cowboy and his horse, it came with a little saddle and bridle. The little horses came in many colors and I tried to collect them all. Sometimes I would carry them around in my purse and called them miniature horse pets. Now I collect Breyer horses, but don't play with them, in fact they are kept in a glass cabinet unopened. I am an big fan of jigsaws, got my husband addicted as well, we set up a folding table in our living room and work on them when we have spare time, or when snowed in which we have been alot this year. I mod pog them and frame some to hang on the wall. Especially love the Native American scenes.

I still collect breyer horses too, I never really played with dolls, just toy horses. I dont play with them any more obviously, I have too many real horses to feed to make time for that. However I do still make tack and accessories for them, but now I sell the accessories instead of setting them up and playing horse show like we used to. I still like cartoons and love coloring too.

I didn't get to collect or have extra many things growing up. But I kinda do here and there, get a little something I wanted as a kid.

I only listen to music prior to the 80's. Watch cartoons. Collect and enjoy Archie digest comics. Color once in a while (art for our games here at LB!
default_smile.png
)

Cartoons here!! Never did dolls much....my Barbie always died in the desert 'cause she was too thin and "girly" to survive the harsh demands. LOL My toy horses and Indians did well though.

I still color for enjoyment, too. I have an active imagination, so I indulge my curiosity. I'd play the old school (meaning '80's Nintendo versions) of pac man, trigger, dig-dug and one space game (that I can't remember the name of) occasionally if they were around here.

I'm with Riverrose, board games, cards and dominoes here.

All of those except the wrestling, and modify the dolls to stuffed animals (yeah so what if I still sleep with one!) and edit the bubble gum pop to punk rock! Another childhood pastime I still love is reading, but I have move beyond the likes of Danny Meadow Mouse and Nancy Drew (not to say I don't enjoy current young adult fiction and a ton of fluffy adult reading).

PS really cool thread -- love it!

Still like Wylie Coyote and The Roadrunner.

Theme songs - The Tigger Song

Bouncy, Flountcy, Trountcy, Pountsy,

Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun

But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers

is I'm the only one!

I'm the only ONE!

The Saturday morning western/horse/dog flicks - Fury (my favorite), Rin Tin Tin, Lassie. Roy Rogers & Trigger, Gene Autry and Champion, Tom Mix and ...his white horse. Still like the original My Friend Flicka. After school - the Mouseketeers...

No - pro wrestling.

Board games to include - Trouble, Scrabble and other puzzle games - Operation. The puzzle game that was a wooden box w/ a small board w/ a spring. The wooden pieces had to be pulled out w/o the spring going "sproing" - can't remember the name. The pieces were wooden. Lincoln logs (the originals), Tinker Toys.

Didn't get into dolls for long or Barbie - but had the western Figures with the horses - Jane and John West - with the son and daughter too. My original Breyers did lots of miles - in the sand in HI, in the mud & pretty grass in VA, in our pasture grass in CO. I mastered making halters, blankets and leg wraps long before they had them like they do now. Mine wore silver shoes made from foil and some were branded w/ the western brands of ranches out of The Western Horseman (using the paint in the tubes, now I can't remember what that was called. Artex was one.). Our first pony bridle hung between the handlebars of my bike in VA in 1974 - I neckreined that ol' pony a LOT and bested many of the local neighborhood kids in our "pony races". I sucked at jumping tho (those bike ramps were scary).

Still color and still looking for a couple of the coloring books I had when I was growing up (some of my art and sewing supplies were stolen from a storage unit in 2000. Lost some of the stuff I grew up with when it was stored in my parents' basement in Longmont, CO while I was in Korea - it flooded in 1987).

Played outside games like Simon Says, Red light/green light, Red Rover/Red Rover, Tag, Airplane (Simon Says is really tho only one can still play with the GDaughters...). We didn't make sock Monkeys - we made stocking horse heads that became our stick horses. My sister and I made a whole herd and shared them with the others in our local neighborhood - had races and lots of jumping matches that way, too.

Our daughters the other day - "What is Kool-Aid"? We used to drink it by the pitcher during the summer in HI and in VA...

My question would be "what are video games?".

Music - welll... think I've kinda "gone w/ the flow" - but daughters were really surprised to hear me start singing to a couple of Pop songs . They think that I know ONLY country (silly girls - I'm much more rounded than that - just 'cuz I prefer Country now doesn't mean it's the only thing
default_smile.png
They'd probably die if they knew of the WIDE collections we had when their daddy and I were younger). I don't do true "elevator music", rap or opera... The rest? I like everything from heavy metal, to celtic, to "oompa, oompa" (german beer drinking) music. Once upon a time, I did a couple of latin salsa dances (couldn't move like that for long). New age & jazzy blues as well as my favored country... Big, rolling laughter...

I LOVE Disney movies and any new children's movie that comes out, I have to buy it. I still watch Spongebob and I have CDs with Disney songs that I listen to when driving. I color, sing old folk/children songs a lot, I skip, love glitter. I'm pretty much still a little girl in a 24 yr old body.

Latest posts

Back