I really wish Forum Members would........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I really wish Forum Members would add their State/location to their profile thingy underneath the Avatar.

So many times when people come here talking about problems they are having with their horses, I think well, the answer to help them might be related to their location. What kind of climate they live in, what is their general terrain, things like that can have much bearing on a horse's health. But when I look to the left to see where they are, there is nothing listed.

Maybe this is just me being a weenie again, but sometimes I read stuff and I wonder, "Well where the heck do they live?"

For instance there is a hay thread and I was about to send out some links, but I have no idea where the people were located so I couldn't narrow down my search for them by State. Same thing with locating a farrier. If you put your location under your Avatar thingy, I think it could be helpful.

This has been a public service announcement!
default_saludando.gif

default_aktion033.gif
I agree Marty ...I don't post alot here, but I'm here a few times daily and read everything posted. It doesn't seem like I have many "mini" folks near me other than in Texas, but that's a big state .... it sure would be nice to know .... I always look to see where folks are from because I think it does matter! Good suggestion and I don't know why they wouldn't want to disclose ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish Forum Members would add their State/location to their profile thingy underneath the Avatar.

So many times when people come here talking about problems they are having with their horses, I think well, the answer to help them might be related to their location. What kind of climate they live in, what is their general terrain, things like that can have much bearing on a horse's health. But when I look to the left to see where they are, there is nothing listed.

Maybe this is just me being a weenie again, but sometimes I read stuff and I wonder, "Well where the heck do they live?"

For instance there is a hay thread and I was about to send out some links, but I have no idea where the people were located so I couldn't narrow down my search for them by State. Same thing with locating a farrier. If you put your location under your Avatar thingy, I think it could be helpful.

This has been a public service announcement!
default_saludando.gif
Hi Marty, for the computer dyslexic could you tell how to do this? I had to have a friend put my photo into my avatar and I just looked and can't figure out how to add my state under my avatar... duh, sorry.
default_wacko.png
As a matter of fact until I joined LB I didn't know what an avatar was... snicker
default_wink.png

I have to use my droid to post this summer and it does not allow me to do/see some things. Do I have my state listed?

I deleated my info because another fourm member was attacking me awhile back.

Now that they had disapeared, I will look into readding it back on here.
default_smile.png

Ha.... Made me look! Wasnt sure if mine was on there!!!

Ohmt yes yours is there too!

Also, if you are promoting a show, it helps if you put the location in the thread or preferably the title! I see all kinds of shows I'd LOVE to go to, and no clue where they are!!

Thank You Marty! I agree, and have changed mine to read the nearest town to where I live. I always look up on the map anyone I think may be near me (OH, KY, WV). I would love to find more mini folks in my vicinity.

I am another who would like to find another mini person near me. Closest so far is below Albany NY

Good for you for mentioning this.

I swear some Mini people act like they're in a witness relocation program.

I've been on websites with no address or name or phone number, and guess which state? Forget it!

I have my state on my page. It certainly does help things.

I do not however have my name, phone number, state, or address on my website. This year and last year was a pretty drama filled year when it came to people online and my horses. So, I took my personal info offline for my protection.
default_no.gif

But, that's over now. I should probably put it back up sometime.

Hi Marty, for the computer dyslexic could you tell how to do this?
Click on your name at the upper righthand corner of the window.

When the menu bar drops down click on My Profile.

When your profile page comes up, there will be a Edit My Profile button along the right side.

Click on that - and you can add info there.

Then make sure you click the Save Changes button.

Done!
default_yes.gif

Hi Lucky Seven
default_saludando.gif
I am in NY, too, about 1 1/2 hours north of Syracuse
default_biggrin.png
I know....there are very few of us
default_no.gif

Ditto Marty! I keep wondering where people are when they ask a question. Location can be so important to answers.

Is my location on there?
default_smile.png

Edited to add:

Yeah, it is.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back