I really need help with this filly...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lisa are the horses eating from the same container? Is this filly getting to eat everything from her own feeder? What I am getting around to is if the horses are sharing a feeder or moving from one feeder to the other then that could be part of the problem. One or more of the horses could be picking out all the nutrients, vitamins, the nutritious stuff & this filly could be getting the left overs............... We sold two horses that the owners decided to stall & feed together in two different containers. One was in good weight but the ohter one kept falling off. I honestly feel it was because the one was going to both feeders & picking out the nutritous feed... Once separated the one blossomed again... Best of luck to you.
I think she looks like a nice horse and you are a caring owner just trying to figure out what will pull her out of this.

There are already so many options and replies that I don't know if I can really add much but I did have the same thought as the above quote.

My horses are all fed separately in stalls and two of them are VERY slow eaters and the rest gobble up their food. If they were all together the slow eaters would never receive their fair share even if all of them stood together just eating without bugging each other. I also have one hard keeper that gets about 4X as much food as the rest of the horses and he also is a slow eater and will eat some, take a break, eat more, take a nap and then finish up.

If she were here I'd have her on either Equine JR or SR, a vitamin / mineral supplement, pro bios, ground flax and soaked alfalfa cubes. I'd then get a second opinion from another vet even though I love my primary, if I was having trouble I'd want another opinion or I might even just bring her in to the clinic for more in depth testing.

As far as her legs go, the legs themselves seem fairly straight and to me it seems like she needs corrective work on her hooves. I've got a yearling with hooves that grow VERY quickly and unevenly and suddenly he looks all crooked and the farrier is able to straighten him back up. He also taught me how to rasp him in between his 8 week visits.

I don't think she looks like a dwarf but I don't know much about it other than what I've learned here on the forum.

And Lisa...don't be sorry you posted, because I think we all continue to learn and try to be helpful even if it doesn't always come out the right way. I never for one minute thought you were not doing everything you could think of to help her.

OH...and I am another believer in Bonnies talents and she might be able to help. She has done several readings for me and all were very helpful (and fun).

Can't hurt
smile.gif

Lisa, I have to agree with you 100% People on here can be RUDE, and I CANT STAND IT! Some people on her have NOTHING positive to say! There are some people who do help out yes, then there are those others, that make a thread diferent from what you posted/asked! I am SICK of it! I decided I need to quit this forum or just stop posting so much! I decided to stop posting alot! I am sick of it! Some people dont take other people into consideration, and YES some people do have Feelings! Some people are just rude, and I am not going to mention anynames, cause I dont want any hard feelings toward me, and I feel I shouldnt have hard feelings against me, cause you chose to be that way, and I am just saying that I really wish you would take some people into consideration! Lisa is a normal human been, not just a forum member, who dosent take care of her horse, she obviosly does take care of her horses, or she wouldnt be asking! I dont know HOW many times I have got my feelings hurt on here, Everytime I posted something, I get something negitive out of it!

Lisa, Have you asked her previous owners what they fed? maybe try doing the same thing as them?

oh and if I were you, just ignore those ingort people, who cant way ANYTHING nice! Thats what I do!

I am done, and I dont want ANYONE to reply diercetly to me, this is how I feel, and you are the ones that made me feel this way, so you should have NOTHING to say about me, cause it was all you that brought this on(Lisa, i hope you know I am not saying this toward you, its to the people who are RUDE)!

enough feelings have been hurt, and I wish people that are being rude would start thinking before they type! and enough is enough sometimes! and yes, I think people are afraid to post anymore! I know lots of people who have quit this forum! I am done!

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back