I really hate asking for help....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very careful around them... I don't know these horses like I know my own, but in time I will... I am cautious when I am around them. At the same time I'm cautious, I am also affectionate when allowed to be. A neck hug, my face against theirs, chest and mane scratches... they are responding really well to affection and attention.

I have my horses seperate from these guys. I know they are in the condition they are in because of lack of food, but there could also be some underlying problems that have not been evident yet.... until I have an all clear from my vet, I will keep them seperated from my horses.

Next trip to town we will pick up some yellow salt blocks as someone on here told me that they are good to repel ticks, and these horses have several ticks on them.

I so admire you! and wish you the best. So glad you are keeping us updated.

Your doing GREAT Kim
default_aktion033.gif

I think everyone is just concerned for the horses well being as well as your families well being
default_yes.gif

Just my own two cents if you don't mind.....

If it were me in this situation I would call some of the rescues just to see what they could offer me. Who knows, they might have some supplies on hand as others have already mentioned. As you have stated, any little bit will help.

And I would like to say something but PLEASE do not take it the wrong way because I am only saying it to make a point that you might not have already thought of.

You have said that you would like to do this on your own and that is why you do not want to contact the rescues. But in my mind, asking for help from the forum members isn't doing it on your own either. I think if you could get a rescue involved but still keep the horses in your care that would be a HUGE help to you, your family, AND the horses. If the rescues can help, GREAT, if not, you haven't lost anything right? I would just think of it just the same as asking the forum for help.

Whatever you decide, I think the world of you for what you have done. Please keep us posted on their progress
default_yes.gif

I think its great when people step up to help ANY animal in need. Its easy to say "call a rescue" but the fact of the matter is most rescues are so full its past ridiculous! If more people stepped up to take in the animals in need the world would be a better place in my opinion! I havent seen this lady ask for long term help or monthly donations, maybe she just needs a little start up help. I am going to donate some. Even 1 or 2 dollars per person would add up to be of some help anyway! Most rescue groups are great but they CAN'T do it ALL! So I think that you did a great thing taking these horses on! Good for you!!!!!

I TOTALLY agree with you AGAIN Endless!!! I know that you have done ALOT of "rescue" yourself and have had to put yourself last to do it just to be able to do it! So you should be applauded yourself....here ya go
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

The Rescue groups are wonderful but again, THEY ARE FULL!!!! The economy is so bad right now, it is terrible that the animals end up paying for it more than we do, BY STARVING!!! And look at the photos people......GREEN GRASS!!!! That is obvisouly something they didn't have before getting where they are now. Like you said, if everybody on the forum donated a little bit, the funds would add up to something to get her started AND THEN go from there....

I SAY GREAT JOB -
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Chaos Ranch -
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Oh my! I seriously should probably keep my typing fingers quiet but I AM e-mailing from a "rescue" perspective (adoption coordinator from a local group) and just want to point out again that I'm not suggesting Kim "dump" them off on a rescue! We ARE all full! But we do have advantages "normal Joes" who buy horses DON'T have. I'm simply suggesting making some contacts, networking, see if any rescues would be willing to work WITH her on these horses. . .with all that pasture available to her, perhaps Kim could do even more fostering in the future for MORE horses.

This isn't about people saying Kim's done something bad, I think we all agree that Kim has done something really fantastic here!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back