I ordered my cart!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know yet!! :rolleyes: Totally crazy at work and naturally, after two weeks of constant go-go-going, now I have a bad cold or maybe a sinus infection (not COVID, whatever it is). I was planning to get it balanced and hitch him up today but after doing all my other chores I was done in. It's a beautiful day too! Oh well, hopefully next week!

Hello. Just found this thread. I am interested in buying one of these, and I'd love to know how you like it. Thanks!

I wish I could tell you but I haven't had time to drive it yet! Things just totally exploded at work and I'm having to go in 6 days a week. It arrived quickly and was what I expected - not the most amazing quality but solid and what I anticipated for the price point. Seems to fit my pony as expected, I've just put him in the shafts but not fully hitched him yet. I'll definitely update here once I have anything to add but at this rate it could be a little while!

Danettedm, I have this cart with the C springs and motorcycle tires. It is the most comfortable ride of all my carts and is lightweight. If you purchase this cart be sure to get the C springs.

Thank you so much, Willow Flats. I have been looking at these online, and I wondered whether motorcycle or solid rubber would be best. I was considering buying the type w C springs bc I need support for my back. It's so great to get a real live reference. Was it fairly easy to assemble?

Yes, it's really not bad, it was harder getting everything out of the box than putting it together. :) If you're going over any kind of rough ground then you'll definitely want the motorcycle tires in addition to the C springs, as opposed to the hard rubber. The hard tires really transfer every bump. I just wouldn't get the bicycle tires because those can deflate really easily on rough ground. The motorcycle tires are really heavy duty.

Yes, it's really not bad, it was harder getting everything out of the box than putting it together. :) If you're going over any kind of rough ground then you'll definitely want the motorcycle tires in addition to the C springs, as opposed to the hard rubber. The hard tires really transfer every bump. I just wouldn't get the bicycle tires because those can deflate really easily on rough ground. The motorcycle tires are really heavy duty.
Yes this...every thing Abby said!

Also wondering what size tire to get. My mini is 37" so I'm thinking the 21" would be better than 18"

I don't think the motorcycle tires come in 21", or if they do, it would be too big. They are measured just on the rims whereas the hard tires are measured the whole diameter. So the 18" motorcycle tires are actually 24" rubber to rubber, and this is what I have and it seems perfect for my 37-38" guy.

Abby and Willow, I got my cart and I have a couple of questions. First, my adjustable shafts seem a little loose when I screw them in. Also the singletree was bumping against the shafts unless I put the shafts on the second hole from the front. I have not hitched up yet because I wanted to address these issues first. Also, there were several places where the paint had scratched off. Did either of you have any of these problems?

I just brought home my new easy entry (I can't tell you what brand - I bought it from a local-ish supplier) and put it in the shed. I have Phillippe's brand new custom Mara-Fun harness with Euro collar in my tack room and I haven't had a chance to put either to him yet! Saturday... weather providing, Saturday I'll get him all decked out in the new stuff. I'm so excited for your new stuff, I can't wait to go play with mine!!!

I haven't hitched mine yet! The set screws on the shafts are funny, you need an Allen wrench to tighten them but there are also nuts on them, which you can't use to tighten them adequately and frankly I'm not even sure what the nuts are there for.

I didn't have any paint issues but there is a tiny tear/rub in the vinyl seat covering, not in a place where I think it will be a big issue going forward.

I didn't have any of those problems. I went to the warehouse to pick mine up and he took everything out of the boxes so I could take a look at it. Not sure what you mean about the single tree hitting the shafts. Did you put the little straps around them so they don't swing too wide? There were two straps that came with mine. I have even used dog collars before on another cart. I can take a photo or a little video of how mine swing tomorrow if you need me to. Just let me know.

The set screws on the shafts are funny, you need an Allen wrench to tighten them but there are also nuts on them, which you can't use to tighten them adequately and frankly I'm not even sure what the nuts are there for.

[BEWARE, MANSPLAINING IN PROGRESS....]
I am visualising a set screw that protrudes with a straight slot or a hex shape for an Allen key. Then a nut screwed onto the set screw shaft.
If this is the pricture, the usual way is to set the allen screw where you want it, then holding its position with the appropriate tool, tighten the nut down on the screw until its tight - so the set screw cannot move
[END-MANSPLAINING]

Heh, that's what I thought too, I just don't honestly see how the nuts would keep them from loosening. Perhaps they are threaded in the opposite way as the set screws and that keeps them in? It just seems like the nuts would be able to loosen over time either way but maybe they don't.

Danettedm - is it possible that the singletree is installed upside-down? They are sided and it's not totally obvious from the directions which is the correct way. I had to look closely at the drawings. Not sure if having it the wrong way would cause this to happen but it's something to check.

Latest posts

Back