I never thought it would hurt so much

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
Sable left on the 17th and I still can't stop thinking of her.

I talk with her new owners almost daily and we are making friends fast. I have been invited to come see her and have a BBQ with her new owners in the summer. They absolutely love her and promise never to sell her and if they do it will be back to me. They want to breed her to a gorgeous dun stud and I hope by the time she has it, I would be able to afford to buy the foal if Sable is not for sale by then. That would be a year and a half away. I hope by then things will have changed, because having one of her babies is the next best thing to having her.

Yesterday was the first day I have been out to the barn since she left. I spent a tear filled 30 minutes tidying everything up and storing all of Sable's things. Taking down her stall sign that I made for her was the worst. I dumped the remainder of the feed I had out for the deer, and bedded down her stall. I don't know why..maybe just habit..or maybe in the back of my mind, I know someday I will have a horse again, but I can't even dream of when and I can't think of it not being Sable.

I stare at her pictures on my bedroom wall so I see her every morning when I get up and every night when I go to sleep.

I miss her lips smushed against my cheek and the resulting licking she did. I miss her whinny when I come out in the morning and every time someone comes up the driveway. I miss her pawing at the gate at feeding time. I miss longing her and jumping her which we both got so much joy out of. I miss her hairy face, beautiful mane and tail and gorgeous dapples in the summer. I miss her "I think I am an arabian" trot and the way she blew like a dragon when she was hyper. The way she would stand, back, pick up her feet and move over, all the things she had never done that I slowly taught her. She learned to trust again after she was beaten in one of her previous homes. I got her over her ear issues, feet issues and head issues. She was terrified from her first home, spoiled by her last owner and freshly weaned from her last foal to come to my house where she got understanding and love but never let away with anything. With patience she overcame all her issues and now she is a beautiful, trustworthy kids pony. It sucks that just when I got her where she should be, she had to go. I can't fathom starting all over with a different pony in a couple of years. I can't imagine it not being Sable, coming home. I feel like an idiot for having all this emotion when people sell horses every day. I can't imagine how it would be if she had died instead of selling her. I think I would be certifiable in that case if selling her hurts this bad.

I just never thought losing her would hurt so much.

Jen,

It is always hard to let them go, some more than others. (that is why I have 44 horses when I should be trying to get down to 20 horses).

The fact that she has a good home will help in time ease the pain.

I hope that things go well for you and you will be able to have many little hooves in the future.

[SIZE=12pt]I am so sorry you are hurting so much
default_no.gif
I hope you feel better with time...[/SIZE]

Prayers your way
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Joy

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png

{{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry
default_no.gif
I hope that you are able to get the foal and that time leaves more of the happy memories in place of the grief.

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry Jen. As Sue said, hopefully knowing she's in such a good home where she's loved so much plus the agreement that if they ever let you go it will be back to you.

Sorry you're in so much pain. These little beggers really suck us in don't they?
default_wub.png

default_no.gif
It is never easy letting go of something you care deeply about but sometimes circumstances are such you have to and that is sometimes the greatest gift we can give our animal friends.

* OUCH *

It's not fair.

I hope the pain and broken heart eases with time.

xox Leonie xox

Oh gosh ... my internet has been out all morning ... I've been out working in the pasture, gave my 20 mos old grandson his second bareback ride on my driving mare and listened and watched him laugh with excitement, kept having to chase my boys out of the wagon full of vines I'd been pulling and watched them run and play as I worked .... in hindsight, it seems I take those moments for granted sometimes!

I came in and was finally able to get on the computer and this is the first thing I've read ... I too have tears rolling down my face as I type this after reading your post and I just hope you are able to begin your healing soon. It will get better and I feel you will be able to share in greater things in the future!

You are in my thoughts.
default_pray.gif

For sure the hurt is there and will be for a while but it does get easier down the road and you are very lucky you can go visit and keep up with how she's doing...my daughter sold my orphan from out under me when she was 3 and l thought l would die without her being around but l didn't and l see her where she lives and at the shows in summer. ln fact the last time we went over there she didn't even care l was around gee me the person who bottle fed for months kept her company forever when the rest of the herd rejected her taugh her all she knew...nope just wanted to be with her pasture buddies over there after she got her treat...

I didn't mean to make anyone cry
default_unsure.png

Thanks so much for the support.
default_wub.png
It just hasn't been a very good holiday season all around, not just losing Sable. It is certainly adding to it though.

Like they say, when you hit bottom, the only way to go is up right?

I can't wait until I am posting in here again for the new pony I have. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, and I can always hope and dream
default_rolleyes.gif

I'm so sorry Jen. I know how hard it is
default_no.gif
I'm going through it myself its hard when you visit and they come right up to you in a second to .. might as well rip my heart out
default_sad.png

Jen ... no apology for writing something that touches our hearts ... I personally feel blessed to be able to be affected that way and hate that you are going through difficult times right now. It will get better .... that HOPE and those DREAMS you have will see you through! You'll see!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back