I need some tips...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPfrosty

Reaction score
I've had my yearling gelding for almost a month and up untill maybe a week or so ago he started to not fallow me when I lead him. He will just stop dead in his tracks and I have to give him a nudge on his behind to get him to move. He will do it everytime I lead him somewhere. I never give in but nudging, backing him up, and pushing are not helping and it's a pain! Does anyone have any tips on teaching him that he must always fallow and not stop when he feels like it? Also, I've noticed that his tail hairs are all short at the top. That means he's rubbing it, right? What can I put on it to keep him from rubbing all his hair off and eventually his skin? Thanks for helping me out
smile.gif
!!!

With young ones like this i turn a tight circle everytime they refuse to lead. They have to move when you turn in a circle because you have put their weight off balance. They get tired of that pretty quick and decide going forward is much easier then going in a tight circle. Also you can try walking in tword his hip and he will move forward.

For the tail get some shapelys mane and tail and put that on there. I would deworm him well and maybe do a good cleaning down under.

Are you getting to far in front of him when you walk? Alot of them will stop when you get past the point of there head.

As for the tail, woodticks and lice can make him do that as well.

Witch hazel is always good for an itchy tail. Rule our parasites/little bugs and such first.

Thanks guys! I'll try the circle thing and I'll check him for ticks and other bugs and put the mane and tail on there! It really is great to have this forum to turn to when you have questions!!!

Latest posts

Back