I need contract wording suggestions to prevent a tree cutter/remover

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find or how to word a contract to prevent a person from suing us in case they get hurt while performing the job. As in this person has a tree cutting & removal business but he does not have a contract..................... We need a big tree removed that has died & I need to write up something by in the morning. Suggestions?? Thanks

Anyone know where to find or how to word a contract to prevent a person from suing us in case they get hurt while performing the job. As in this person has a tree cutting & removal business but he does not have a contract..................... We need a big tree removed that has died & I need to write up something by in the morning. Suggestions?? Thanks
They should carry their own insurance and if they do not or can not show you a certificate do not use them.

They should carry their own insurance and if they do not or can not show you a certificate do not use them.
I agree! We have to have tree work done around here every year or so because we have a lot of grandfather oaks. They should be licensed, bonded and insured! Don't use them if they are not.

Also shop around. We had a HUGE oak tree split in half last year. We got 3 estimates. The highest estimate was for $3,200.
default_new_shocked.gif
and the lowest was $600. For $600 the entire tree was gone in 5 hours.

Yep...us too. The service we use are insured, bonded, licensed and before we even hired him, he faxed us everything we needed to know about him and his company.

Agreed..........THEY should show proof of being licensed, bonded, insured.......

Lee thinks if we get them to sign something saying they cannot sue us in case of injury or death then they will not be able to.....I disagree.....................We did use him before but for a much smaller tree..... ?????????????

I have to agree..my husband does that work sometimes just on weekends or something.

He is licensed, insured, everything...I am sure there is more to it than I even know.

When he bids any kind of job small or large he always provides all of his information.

In this sue happy world I would only hire someone that is insured myself anyway.

If you both just really want to use this guy...I can't help with finding a contract..but, if you do decide to have him sign one...I would have it notorized. Maybe that would help some. Not sure really just a thought.

Last edited:
Run don't walk away. All companies like that carry great insurance, your home owners is there also but this is not good business.

Well he didn't show up for the 4th time so I'm leaving him a note that I don't want him to do it now. Not sure of what has happened since the first time we used him but if you tell someone you are going to do a job then show some responsibility.

Latest posts

Back